The District of Sault Ste. Marie Social Services Administration Board is seeking highly talented individuals who have an interest in serving the public to become part of our Paramedic Services team. In addition to successfully filling upcoming part time positions, we anticipate generating a Reserve List for potential future opportunities.
UNIFOR LOCAL 1359
Job Posting: #05-20
Job Title: Primary Care Paramedic, Paramedic Services
Job Type: Permanent Part-Time; (0-42 hours/week)
Wage Range: $36.808 – $39.088
Rank: PCP (Primary Care Paramedic)
Key duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Respond to all calls to perform patient care functions as a Primary Care Paramedic
- Interact with other employees; members of the health care team, allied emergency care providers, the public and patients in a professional and supportive manner
- Inspect vehicles, complete required documentation and all applicable reports as required
- Attend mandatory training programs, C. M. E. and divisional training programs as directed
- Complete assigned cleaning duties of the stations
- Ensure vehicles and equipment are maintained in accordance with provincial and local standards
- Participate in training / preceptor PCP students
- Perform all other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will have the ability to communicate in an effective and tactful manner, contribute routinely as a team member, and organize time to maximize contributions.
Additional qualifications for this position include:
- EMCA/A-EMCA as per the Ambulance Act
- Diploma from an approved College Paramedic program
- Ability to obtain Base Hospital certification from HSNCPC
- Current certification in C. P. R. level “HCP”, “BLS Provider” or equivalent (<1 year old)
- Valid Class F Ontario Driver’s License
- Must meet all the requirements of the Ambulance Act and Regulations
- Must meet the Ambulance Service Communicable Disease Standards: including Physician validation and documented proof of all required immunizations
March 16th, 2020, 4:00pm
Should you be interested in applying for this exciting career opportunity, please forward your cover letter and resume as one PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org by the application deadline with the subject line referencing job posting #05-20 – Primary Care Paramedic, Paramedic Services.
This position is covered by a collective agreement, Unifor Local 1359. Applications from outside the bargaining unit are welcome, but can only be considered if the position is not filled from within the bargaining unit.
The District of Sault Ste. Marie Social Services Administration Board is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Individuals requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should contact Human Resources as soon as possible to make appropriate arrangement.