JOB POSTING #: 654-807- 2021
POSITION: Physiotherapist – Full Time
UNIT: Allied Health
JOB CODE: NC008.1
RATE: $38.10 – $47.17 hourly
To assess patients, plan and carry out individually designed treatment programs to maintain, improve or restore physical functioning, alleviate pain and prevent physical dysfunction in patients. To promote fitness, health and wellness.
- Assess patients’ physical abilities through evaluative procedures such as functional ability tests.
- Establish treatment goals with patients based on physical diagnoses.
- Plan and implement programs of physiotherapy including therapeutic exercise, manipulations, education, the use of electro-therapeutic and other mechanical equipment and hydro-therapy.
- Appropriate delegation of treatment program to Rehabilitation Attendant.
- Evaluate effectiveness of treatment plans and modifying accordingly.
- Communicate with referring physician and other healthcare professionals regarding patients’ problems, needs and progress.
- Maintain clinical and statistical records.
- Develop and implement health promotion programs for patients.
- Function as a professional role model demonstrating good interpersonal skills and a commitment to self-growth and development.
- Maintain current knowledge of best practices and benchmarks for the delivery of services, appropriate research, literature, accreditation requirements, policy and legislative requirements and implementing improvements/changes as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University degree in Physiotherapy approved by the Canadian Physiotherapy Association and College of Physiotherapy of Ontario.
- Current registration with College of Physiotherapists of Ontario in good standing.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Experience in the treatment of musculoskeletal, neurological and cardio respiratory patients.
- Knowledge of evidence based physiotherapy treatment.
- Physiotherapy skills related to assessment and intervention of ROM, strength, coordination, tone , mobility, function, respiratory system, sensation; application of modalities; adjusting and use of equipment.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently as a team member in a fast paced environment in stressful situations.
- Customer service, interpersonal and telephone skills.
- Computer literacy in a Microsoft environment.
- Ability to maintain successful working relationships with the interdisciplinary team to achieve positive patient outcomes.
- Ability to organize time effectively to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to meet and interact with people in a pleasant, professional, responsible and reassuring manner.
- Behaviour consistent with Hospital Mission, Values and Standards of Performance.
- Human relations skills including empathy, sensitivity, understanding of human and organizational behavior, motivational techniques and counseling skills (e.g. teaching patients).
- Ability to read, write and communicate to perform the duties of the position.
Note: Because of the changing nature of the work and work to be done, other responsibilities and duties may be assigned and qualifications may be adjusted from time to time. Only those selected for testing/interview will be contacted.
APPLY INTERNALLY: Online at www.sah.on.ca/careers
POSTED: August 26, 2021, 16:00 hours to September 9, 2021, 16:00 hours
Sault Area Hospital is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity, equal opportunity and maintaining a barrier-free selection process for job applicants. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known to the Human Resources department when contacted. All requests are handled confidentially.