Sault Area Hospital
OPSEU LOCAL 620
JOB POSTING #: 346-463-2020
POSITION: Pharmacy Technician – 2 Full Time
RATE: $28.44- $32.79 hourly
SHIFTS: Must be available to work all shifts including day, evening and night shifts, weekends and statutory holidays
1. Perform all dispensing functions independently as per departmental procedures and NAPRA Standards.
2. Perform final technical check of products as per departmental process and OCP standards.
3. Replenish ADM and use the Pneumatic Tube for distribution.
4. Function as Pharmacy Courier as required for standard delivery times.
5. Supply “pass” medications.
6. Carry out changes as per daily census (transfers, discharges).
7.Prepare daily cartfill medications
8. Complete all associated documentation/workload stats.
9. Supply ward stock and required medications as per established procedures.
10. Prepare and deliver all sterile products according to CSHP and departmental standards including I.V. admixtures, TPN solutions, chemotherapeutic solutions, parenteral syringes and any other sterile products as required.
11. Complete all associated labeling, documentation and workload statistics.
12. Inventory control by maintaining adequate level of stock and an accurate count at all times.
13. Supply all nursing units with ward stocks of Narcotic and Controlled drugs according to department procedures using ADM.
14. Maintain an adequate level of crash cart supplies throughout the hospital.
15. Place purchase orders and arrange return of expired pharmaceuticals.
16. Receive barcode and scan pharmaceuticals according to departmental/hospital procedures.
17. Perform the above duties adhering to the Pharmacy Drug Budget.
18. Maintain all work areas in a clean and orderly manner and keep area well supplied with all dispensing/manufacturing aids.
19. Other duties as assigned.
1. Successful completion of Pharmacy Technician Program approved by the Ontario College of Pharmacist.
2. Registered with the Ontario College of Pharmacists as a Pharmacy Technician
3. Demonstrated ability to maintain successful working relationships; ability to meet and interact with people in a pleasant, professional, responsible and reassuring manner, both in person and on the telephone; tact, courtesy and alertness in public contacts.
4. Demonstrated behaviour consistent with the hospital’s mission and values statement and The Employee Standards of Performance
5. Operating knowledge of computers, printers, fax machine, including knowledge of pharmaceutical related software.
6. Familiarity with the proper operation of laminar flow hood, analytical balance, syringe pumps, packaging equipment and other equipment used in drug distribution.
Note: Because of the changing nature of the work and work to be done, other responsibilities and duties may be assigned and qualifications may be adjusted from time to time. . Only those selected for the testing/ interview will be contacted.
APPLY: Online at www.sah.on.ca/careers
POSTED: June 25, 2020 16:00 hours to July 2, 2020 16:00 hours
Sault Area Hospital is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity, equal opportunity and maintaining a barrier-free selection process for job applicants. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known to the Human Resources department when contacted. All requests are handled confidentially.
This position is covered by a collective agreement. Applications from outside the bargaining unit are welcome, but can only be considered if the position is not filled from within the bargaining unit.