Personal Support Workers (PSW) are invited to apply for part time positions to work at our F.J. Davey Home, a 374 bed long-term care facility, located in Sault Ste Marie, Ontario. Under the direction of the Registered Staff, the PSW provides direct personal and nursing care to residents so as to fulfil the physical, intellectual, emotional, social and spiritual needs of residents in accordance to home polices, procedure and work routines.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
WHAT YOU’LL DO
• Assists in providing direct care for residents; assists with ambulation, feeding, bathing and grooming.
• Encourages participation in activity programs by assisting residents to and from activities.
• Assists with meal service and nourishment delivery to residents and provides feeding assistance as required.
• Provides emotional and social support to residents/families including palliative care.
• Adheres to established departmental policies and procedures regarding documentation, quality assurance, fire, safety, environment and infection control.
• Participates in care conferences and documentation related to resident care plans.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
• Completed a PSW Program that meets the appropriate standards established by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities, the National Association of Career Colleges, or the Ontario Community Support Association and must be a minimum of 600 hours in duration (including class time and practical experience time)
• Nursing Experience in long-term care required
• Knowledge and experience in care planning systems and documentation required
• Mentally and physically able to perform duties as assigned
• Ability to communicate positively with other staff, residents and families
• Demonstrates empathy, concern and interest in providing quality care and service to residents
• Demonstrates organizational skills and ability to complete assignments in a timely fashion
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to provide resident care in accordance with application legislation, job routines, nursing care plans, ability to read and write English and understand verbal and written instructions in English.
How to apply:
Interested applicants may forward their resume in confidence no later than June 14th, 2019 to the attention of Fran Conley at email@example.com