GAME ON – OLG needs you
We’ve said GAME ON, and we mean it – OLG is rapidly transforming its organization to better serve Ontarians by delivering great gaming experiences through our digital, retail lottery, and land-based casino channels. In our fiscal 2019-20 year alone, OLG delivered over $2.3 billion in net profit to the Province of Ontario. OLG is now expanding our horizons even further, with a new strategic direction, to become a world class gaming entertainment leader with a globally admired digital platform.
We are ready to take this game to the next level and need a passionate Payroll Specialist. In a Workday, service provider model, the Payroll Specialist performs payroll coordination and consolidation activities ensuring the accurate and timely execution of OLG Payroll and employee tax documents. The role is accountable for data and process validations to ensure accuracy and completeness of manual and Workday automated payroll data, records, reports, funding and 3rd party remittances and deliverables
YOUR ROLE IN THE GAME
Reporting to the Sr Manager Total Rewards & Payroll, you will be empowered to:
- Complete accurate pay data collection spreadsheets and timely submission of pay impacting items not originating or configured in Workday to service provider, including testing of exception payroll scenarios, report validations for scheduled biweekly and monthly payroll processing cycles
- Coordinate, assess and submit information to service provider for off-schedule payroll runs due to escalations and exceptions, including pay reversals, adjustments, lump sum payments and banking transactions
- Complete biweekly, monthly, quarterly, annual report validations and reconciliations as per SOPs and schedules
- Prepare and respond to requests for pay, ROE, tax information including legal and government agency demands and facilitate garnishment requests to service provider for timely processing
- Prepare source documents and conduct walkthroughs to fulfil internal and external audits adhering to controls requirements
- Liaise with HR teams and service provider to gather information, determining root cause and support resolution and communication to employees for corrections and overpayments; raise complex, ambiguous findings to Senior Payroll Specialist, consult HR teams and/or advise legislative or compliance interpretations
- Prepare year-end payroll deliverables as assigned, including year-end pay, tax, WSIB, taxable benefits and manual pension adjustments
- Participate in user acceptance testing with payroll, tax and remittance implications for legislative, enhancement, release or legislative changes, providing feedback on results to the Senior Payroll Specialist
- Recommend system, process and procedure enhancements to gain efficiencies, eliminate manual tasks and support payroll and compliance best practices and maintain standard operating procedures
WHAT YOU NEED TO PLAY
Work Experience: 2 years of progressive payroll experience in a medium to large, fast paced environment | 1-2 years calculating gross to net payroll results, including pay period reversals and adjustments | Practical work experience using payroll solution such as Workday, SAP, Workforce Now, Dayforce | Experience in spreadsheet macros, formulas, data analysis and validations
Education: Post-secondary education in Human Resources, Business or Accounting with a focus on HR and Payroll | Demonstrated knowledge of Canadian tax programs include CPP, EI, federal and provincial tax | Has attained, or is working towards, Canadian Payroll Association Payroll Compliance Practitioner certification (PCP) preferred | Intermediate to advanced knowledge of spreadsheet applications and templates to support accurate data manipulation, data comparison, formulas and adjustments | Knowledge of principles, practices and legislation and calculations to support execution of biweekly and monthly payrolls for medium size organization (1000-2000 employees)
Critical Skills: A keen customer focus applied in a shared service team, preferably in HR, and excellent follow-up skills | Manage conflicting interpretations, objections and/or heightened emotions effectively | Strong communication skills to successfully probe to understand, analyze information and communicate clearly verbally and in writing | Displays attention to detail and accuracy with sound practice of calculation and data validation | High degree of judgement and the ability to multi-task and prioritize work, with conflicting priorities and tight deadlines | Professional manner, with the ability to maintain confidential and highly sensitive information
Negotiation and Influence: ability to negotiate and influence effectively while being open to perspectives and maintaining strong relationships
Strategic Thinker: strong strategic and critical thinker with ability to delve into unique challenges and find creative solutions
Collaboration & Fun: inclusive and collaborative work style while creating fun and excitement in our work
Integrity and Trust: do what’s right and operate with transparency and openness
PERKS OF JOINING OUR TEAM
- Part of a Bigger Picture: socially responsible company that gives back all its profits to the province and people of Ontario
- Flexible Work Environment: to help balance both work and life
- You Matter: family friendly work practices and hybrid work
- Freedom to Innovate: supports new and better ways to be successful
- Be your Authentic Self: environment that values diversity as a source of strength
- Learning Galore: 24-7 access to robust online learning programs
- Public Service Pension Plan: participate in a major defined benefit pension plan sponsored by the Government of Ontario
- Variable Pay Program: performance-based incentives to share in our success (Permanent OLG Employees Only
Learn about OLG – GAME ON!
OLG’s purpose is to contribute to a better Ontario by delivering great entertainment experiences for our customers. We are a multi-billion-dollar organization with a wide array of business lines including, lottery, land-based casinos, digital lottery and casino, horseracing, and charitable gaming. OLG is amidst a massive transformation focusing on being customer obsessed and bringing our digital business to a whole new level.
The key to our success is our people. Our culture will be grounded in true, positive partnerships that embrace trust, clarity, and openness in all that we do. We are supporting and empowering employees and teams across the organization through greater accountability, leadership development and growth opportunities. OLG is embracing more flexible work options and family friendly work practices including remote work.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion are essential elements of our culture, the cornerstone to our values of respect, integrity, stewardship, and excellence. At OLG, our employees have the space to be themselves and use their perspectives and skills to benefit the people and the Province of Ontario.
While we are re-shaping and growing our business, we are unwavering when it comes to living our purpose, and ensuring our business delivers meaningful benefits for the people of Ontario. OLG’s net profits are reinvested back into the province, contributing to the quality of life for Ontarians.
To learn more about OLG go to our website at www.olg.ca
We look forward to hearing from you, interested applicants please apply online by October 6, 2022.
OLG is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require accommodation at any time throughout the hire process.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.