Pollard Banknote Limited
Position Title: Packager Operator – 1 Contract position
Location: Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario
Posting Date: April 06, 2021
Closing Date: April 13, 2021
The Operator is responsible for operating and maintaining the packager, book breaker, and smart feed conveyors to meet production flow as well as direct staff on the line accordingly.
• Complete pre-checks and shut down of packager, shuttleworth and book breaker at end of shift
• Log all applicable data for the shift
• Void books that are damaged by the packager, bookbreaker and/or shuttleworth
• Responsible for the continuous movement of product along the packaging lines with respect to staffing and the operation of the packager, shuttleworth and book breaker
• Complete game change-overs on the packager, shuttleworth and bookbreaker and review game specifications for each game to ensure packaging requirements are met
• Ensure packager cameras are capturing accurate data
• Rotate through the various positions on the packaging line
• Clean work area at the end of each shift and perform preventative light maintenance when required
• Will be cross-trained on all other positions within manufacturing Finishing and will provide coverage and support as required
• Other duties as assigned.
• Make certain employees at the packaging line, book breaker, and smart feed conveyors are following and maintaining customer requirements
• Previous packager experience would be an asset
• Grade 12 diploma
• Good communication skills
• Basic computer skills
• Flexible to work overtime when needed
• Ability to work within deadlines
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development.
We thank all that apply, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.
Pollard Banknote is an equal opportunity employer. Pollard Banknote is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Please submit a cover letter stating a summary of your qualifications relevant to this position along with your resume to:
David McCaig Jr – Human Resources Manager
Emailed applications are preferable