ARAUCO is a global manufacturer of sustainably-produced forest product solutions for construction, industrial, and retail markets. With over 120 facilities worldwide, we manufacture and distribute the industry’s most-comprehensive selection of wood composite panels, premium plywood, millwork, lumber, and FSC-certified wood pulp.
ARAUCO is growing in North America, with innovative manufacturing, state-of-the-art facilities, and a commitment to make a difference in the communities where we are located. We are seeking the right individuals for high-caliber opportunities in manufacturing, supply chain, maintenance, safety, and other related fields. This is a direct-hire role with benefits. We look forward to considering you as part of our team at ARAUCO!
Operate and maintain 4 Boilers and de-aerators, cooling towers, water treatment and air compressors and associated equipment as per TSSA regulations.
- Operate and maintain the Dryer, Lump Sep Room and associated equipment as the shift Engineer.
- Operate the Heat Plant (116 Mbtu Biomass heater) and all associated equipment (oil pumps, fans, silos, hog system, etc.) including the water cooling towers as the shift Engineer.
- Complete water chemistry testing of boiler(s) and De-aerator(s) every shift.
- Operation of the process dryer and responsible for moisture control.
- Complete required shift duties as per TSSA requirements.
- Operate and maintain emissions equipment and document reading as per MOE requirements.
- Be an active participant in our safety program by ensuring “safety first” at all times.
- Maintain process controls within the desired ranges.
- Valid Ontario (or Interprovincial) license as a 3rd Class Stationary Engineer or 4th class with 3 of 4 exams written and passed. Certificates must be in good standing with TSSA.
- Experience with operation and maintenance of hog fuel (biomass)/gas fueled heat plant and thermal oil systems would be an asset.
- Ability to work in a team environment is essential.
- Ability to work rotating shift work and lift up to 50#.
- Required to cross train and operate in other operational roles.
- Proven problem solving and troubleshooting abilities.
- Must have strong mechanical aptitude skills
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Valid G Drivers license
How to apply:
Arauco is committed to creating an inclusive culture across the organization by preventing and removing barriers for persons with disabilities. Where it is not possible to remove barriers, Arauco will make efforts to accommodate persons with disabilities in a timely, effective and suitable manner. If you require any accommodations during the recruitment process, please let us know.