Extendicare Van Daele
OFFICE MANAGER – Extendicare Van Daele
Extendicare is a leading provider of care and services for seniors throughout Canada. Through our network of over 115 senior care and living centres as well as our home health care operations, we are committed to delivering care throughout the health care continuum to meet the needs of a growing seniors’ population in Canada. Our qualified and highly trained workforce of 23,700 team members are united by a dedication to quality care and by our vision of being the best provider of senior care and services in Canada
Applications are invited for the permanent full-time position of Office Manager at Extendicare Van Daele, our 100-bed facility located in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario.
Reporting to the Administrator, the Office Manager is responsible for all aspects of the business office and systems; including but not limited to, accounting and payroll duties. The Office Manager also provides secretarial support to the Administrator and other supervisory staff in the facility.
- Plans, organizes, directs and supervises the activities of the business office; establishes and monitors work flow and makes changes as necessary to improve quality of service.
- Adheres to established policies and procedures regarding quality assurance, fire, occupational health and safety, environment and infection control.
- Maintains internal records and prepares internal reports for facility as required; maintains confidentiality of all financial, personnel and resident data; maintains accounting records
- Handles payments from families and all queries concerning billings from residents and /or families; prepares bank deposits
- Greets visitors, determines purpose of visit; directs visitors to proper location as appropriate; informs staff of visitor’s arrival; presents a positive image of the facility to the public; monitors comings and goings of residents from facility.
- Post secondary diploma/certificate in office or business administration (or comparable) preferred.
- Secretarial skills and experience with office procedures required
- Knowledge and experience with office equipment including personal computers, Microsoft office.
- Must have an understanding of banking practices i.e. deposits, trust, etc. and sufficient accounting knowledge to determine proper entries.
- Knowledge of payroll, scheduling, benefit administration, interpretation and application of collective agreement provisions, accounts receivable, and accounts payable practices.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and have exceptional time management skills.
- Previous experience in working with Extendicare’s accounting, scheduling, payroll and resident application systems preferred.
- Knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety practices, principles and legislation
- Ability to read and write English as well as to understand complex verbal and written instructions in English.
How to apply:
Interested applicants may forward their resume in confidence by April 9th, 2021, to the attention of:
Mary Deschene, Administrator – MDeschene@extendicare.com
In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.