JOB POSTING #: 859-1067-2021
POSITION: Mobile Crisis Response Worker – Casual (4)
DEPARTMENT: Mobile Crisis
RATE: $19.00 – $23.52 hourly
JOB CODE: NC019.5
SHIFTS: On Call Shifts
- Respond in the community to interview clients individually, in families or in groups to determine and evaluate the client’s social, financial, psychological, cultural and family situation and total needs to provide a comprehensive assessment and treatment plan. Convey findings to appropriate referral source, if desired by the client.
- Providing counseling to assist clients in developing skills to deal with and resolve their social and personal problems.
- Involves carrying a cell phone as scheduled and responding promptly and maintain on-going communication with crisis headquarters while on-call.
- Serve as a member on interdisciplinary teams of professionals working with client groups.
- Provide consultation to members of hospital staff, community agencies and other persons or groups seeking guidance in an effort to address the problems of the clients.
- Participate in In-Service programs regarding the social and emotional components of health/illness and their effects on patients and families, as assigned.
- Maintain accurate client records and statistical reports as required and appropriate documentation, log entries and follow-up as required by the program.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with other hospital and medical staff while remaining a client advocate and with community health, welfare and social agencies.
- Knowledge of best practices and benchmarks for the delivery of services, appropriate research, literature, accreditation requirements, policy and legislative requirements and implementing improvements/changes as appropriate.
- Complying with organizational policies, procedures and standards.
- Participate in ongoing training sessions and team meetings.
- Attend onsite at SAH for relevant orientation or ongoing education as required.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information.
- Assume other duties as may be assigned.
Staffing and Licensing Requirements:
- Diploma in Social Services or equivalent education in a healthcare related field
- Formal training in assessment of children and adults with mental health issues
- One year experience in related field
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable vehicle
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge specific to position, Crisis Intervention assessment and referral duties, Ontario Disabilities Support Program, Ontario Works, community resources, Principles and practice of psychosocial rehabilitation, psycho-education and recovery, unique developmental issues of young adult clients and their families.
- Knowledge of evidence based treatment modalities.
- Knowledge of the Mental Health Act, Suicide Intervention.
- Work under pressure and use good judgment in assessing difficult situations.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently as a team member in a fast paced environment in stressful situations.
- Customer service, interpersonal and telephone skills.
- Computer literacy in a Microsoft environment.
- Ability to maintain successful working relationships with the interdisciplinary team to achieve positive patient outcomes.
- Ability to organize time effectively to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to meet and interact with people in a pleasant, professional, responsible and reassuring manner.
- Ability to conduct meetings and interact with people through online videoconferencing programs and equipment
- Human relations skills including empathy, sensitivity, understanding of human and organizational behavior, motivational techniques and counseling skills (e.g. teaching patients).
- Ability to read, write and communicate to perform the duties of the position.
- Behaviour consistent with Hospital Mission, Values and Standards of Performance
*Must be available for all shifts and call-ins.
Note: Because of the changing nature of the work and work to be done, other responsibilities and duties may be assigned and qualifications may be adjusted from time to time. Only those selected for testing/ interview will be contacted.
APPLY: Online http://www.sah.on.ca/careers/career-opportunities
POSTED: November 15, 2021, 16:00 hours to November 29,2021, 16:00 hours
Sault Area Hospital is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity, equal opportunity and maintaining a barrier-free selection process for job applicants. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known to the Human Resources department when contacted. All requests are handled confidentially.