Hourly Rate of Pay: $42.46 – $44.04
Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario Canada
For over a century Algoma has a proud history and strong traditions of being an industry leading manufacturer of hot and cold rolled sheet steels in carbon and high strength low-alloy grades and we are Canada’s only plate producer. We are integral to the making of many of our modern day buildings, products and appliances. Our steel is used in construction, mining, manufacturing, automotive, shipbuilding, energy resources including renewable energy and military applications throughout North America. Today’s steel industry is rapidly evolving and so are we, bringing new products to market that our customers need for their success. We are inviting everyone who has a talent and drive for superior performance, a desire to be part of a team of steel industry professionals focused on transforming our company to continue our century long tradition of delivering high quality steel products to our customers, improving the quality of life for our community, demonstrating industry-leading environmental stewardship and providing rich and rewarding careers for our employees.
Core Competencies and Skills Required
- Must have a current certificate of qualification of Metal Fabricator (Fitter) 437 A
- Must possess a CWB SMAW S or T four-position Ticket – or provide proof of having passed four-position CWB SMAW S or T four position Ticket
- Must be able to obtain and maintain:
- TSSA P1-P1 in 6-G position within the first 3 months
- TSSA P5 and P8 Tickets are considered an asset
- A valid Gas and/or Steam Ticket is considered an asset
- Must be able to be respirator fit
- Must be able to work at heights
- Demonstrated ability to review and understand Fabrication and Welding drawings
- Must be able to develop, layout ,prepare, assemble, fabricate and weld complete fabrication
- Recognized certification from a Boilermaker, Welder or Fitter Trade would be an asset
- Demonstrated ability to do Piping layout and fabrication including and interpreting blue prints, burning, fabrication and pass a welding test administered by ESAI
- Must do Rigging
- Man lift use is required
- Must be able to support installation of fabrications
If you meet the qualifications for this position and are committed to a challenging career with a dynamic company, in a community that offers superior quality of life, we encourage you to apply today.
To learn more about our company, please visit www.algoma.com
We offer a competitive salary, an extended health benefits package, a defined contribution pension plan and profit sharing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage diversity in our workplace. Accommodation is available for applicants with a disability. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those candidates that are selected for an interview will be contacted.