At Tenaris, we are looking for individuals who are willing to take on challenges and work in a dynamic and high-performance environment. As a leading global manufacturer, Tenaris supplies steel pipe products and related services for the world’s energy industry and other industrial applications. Across Canada, we have operations in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario and Calgary, Red Deer and Nisku, Alberta, offering many opportunities for personal and professional growth. With a local focus inside a global organization, we are committed to delivering value to customers that range from large established oil and gas companies to exciting new entrants to the market.,
Advance your career with Tenaris.
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Supervisor for our Maintenance department for our Algoma Tubes Operations.
Location: Sault Ste. Marie, ON
- Develops and supervises the execution of the Preventive Maintenance plan.
- Ensures systematic failure, problem and performance analysis on equipment, defining corrective actions and generating improvement opportunities.
- Supports the Engineering area in the research and assessment of the best equipment available and the start-up of new pieces of equipment.
- Develops relationships with key internal/external customers to identify emerging needs.
- Anticipates demands to align operational priorities.
- Manages resources to ensure financial objectives are met within own area.
- Resolves complex problems that have implications beyond own area.
- Promotes and adheres to the Safety and Quality standard.
- Ensure compliance with all Tenaris policies and procedures.
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in a similar role
- A post-secondary degree of Engineering (Mechanical is preferred) or a Technical Diploma as a Mechanical Technologist is required
- Experience working in an industrial and/or mill environment is preferred
- Working knowledge of mechanical drawings.
- Knowledge of equipment cost accounting methods.
- Intermediate to Advance knowledge of machine design and machining.
- Working knowledge of SAP or MMS (maintenance management software) is an asset.
Tenaris offers a competitive salary, company and individual performance based bonuses, a comprehensive benefits package, including employer paid pension/RSP contributions, tuition reimbursement and access to extensive Corporate training through Tenaris University.
Please apply on our website at www.tenaris.com/careers/joinus. Search under “Canada” for this position.
Tenaris is an equal opportunity employer, valuing diversity in employment.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Tenaris AlgomaTubes is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation for a disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please advise the Human Resources Department.