At Tenaris, you will join a global network of professionals working together toward a common goal: shape the future of energy through advanced tubular products and services.
If you want to become part of a diverse team that values results, analytical approach to problem solving and teamwork, Tenaris is the place for you.
Mechanical Maintenance Shift Supervisor
LOCATION: Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Do you define yourself as a curious person? Are you fascinated by machines and how they function? Then this job is for you!
Do you want to work in a place where you can identify potential failures and be able to originate practical solutions? Then this job is for you!
Tenaris is looking for emerging shift supervisors who want to be exposed to a variety of industrial machines and want to provide maintenance support and perform corrective maintenance activities in a fast-paced, team based work environment.
The Mechanical Maintenance Shift Supervisor minimizes the impact of failures on production processes by supervising the maintenance corrective activities. Supports Base Maintenance Supervisors by supervising the execution of preventive tasks during the normal course of production.
- Minimizes the impact of failures on production processes by ensuring the correct diagnosis of the problem/failure and the execution of the necessary interventions on equipment to maintain its availability and reliability.
- Performs simple inspections on operative equipment.
- Verifies technical resource availability, ensuring a suitable minimum stock.
- Supports Base Maintenance Supervisors in the execution of preventive tasks during the normal course of production and/or scheduled interventions.
- Supports Base Maintenance Supervisors in the execution of failure analyses.
- Ensures the application of health, safety and environment standards and practices.
- Complies with HSE procedures, report any incident or observation, perform inspections and participate in the investigation process.
- Implements the preventive/corrective actions. Keep updated the risk analysis and the environmental aspect assessment.
- Manages and updates the maintenance information system and technical documentation, keeping record of the information related to his/her area.
- Participates in maintenance programs to minimize/optimize the use of required energy.
- Analyzes, interprets and recommends courses of action for more complex topics.
- Interacts with internal and/or external contacts with a higher level of autonomy.
- Acts as a “shift leader” being responsible for leading employees during their assigned time period/shift, coordinating schedules, assigning responsibilities and ensure work safety conditions.
- Complies with Tenaris policies, procedures and management standards, and ensures adherence with all laws and regulations that apply to the area of responsibility.
- Proactively motivates, coaches, communicates with and develops his/her staff and manages HR related activities in line with Human Resources norms and procedures. Protects from damage, theft or misuse the facilities, equipment and other physical resources assigned to his/her area.
- 3-5 relevant industry experience
- Mechatronic or mechanical specialization
- Previous supervisory experience would be considered a strong asset
Schedule & Working Conditions
- 12-hour rotating Shift
- Work is performed in a steel manufacturing mill
Diversity & Inclusion
As a global leader, our foundation was built on diversity in all its forms, including culture, gender, creed, race, nationality, and generation. With diversity among our people, we gain diverse thoughts, abilities and perspectives that keep us both innovative and competitive. Our diverse and inclusive workplace – rooted in our values of safety, ethics, transparency and open communication – brings together remarkable people and enables them to be themselves.
With representation from across our Canadian operations, Tenaris has an active Diversity & Inclusion committee that is working to advance a diverse and inclusive workplace through strategic initiatives.
If your experience and knowledge match our requirements, please apply at https://www.tenaris.com/en/careers/
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those that match the criteria required for the desired profile will be contacted.