ALGOMA STEEL INC.
Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario Canada
For over a century Algoma has a proud history and strong traditions of being an industry leading manufacturer of hot and cold rolled sheet steels in carbon and high strength low-alloy grades and we are Canada’s only plate producer. We are integral to the making of many of our modern day buildings, products and appliances. Our steel is used in construction, mining, manufacturing, automotive, shipbuilding, energy resources including renewable energy and military applications throughout North America. Today’s steel industry is rapidly evolving and so are we, bringing new products to market that our customers need for their success. We are inviting everyone who has a talent and drive for superior performance, a desire to be part of a team of steel industry professionals focused on transforming our company to continue our century long tradition of delivering high quality steel products to our customers, improving the quality of life for our community, demonstrating industry-leading environmental stewardship and providing rich and rewarding careers for our employees.
This role participates in assessing and analyzing market conditions and trade affairs to support strategic decisions to grow and restructure the business, and to examine asset and business opportunities for the company through actions that leverage the value of the company’s business. Reports to the Strategy Group.
- Data Collection
- Source economic and market specific data relevant to our steel business, including specific market sector analyses to forecast demand, supply, pricing and sector specific economic indicators.
- Source product application data to assist our understanding of the product technology capabilities required in the particular market sector.
- Collect data on consumers, competitors and market place and consolidate information into actionable items, reports and presentations.
- Use online market research and catalogue findings to databases.
- Analyze market data to forecast demand, supply, pricing and sector specific economic indicators. Compile and analyze statistical data.
- Perform valid and reliable market research SWOT analysis.
- Interpret data, formulate reports and make recommendations.
- Provide competitive analysis on various companies’ market offerings, identify market trends, pricing/business models, sales and methods of operation.
- Provide analytical support to commercial, development, and strategy activities for various product, political, and economic issues.
- Provide data input into the company’s product market strategy, negotiations and agreements by executing general analysis, research and technical work to assist the company achieve the Strategic Plan and annual KPIs.
- Develop business specific content and perform quantitative analyses and market sector reports in support of commercial and product development activities.
- Interface with internal and external personnel.
- Remain fully informed on market trends, other parties’ researches, and implement best practices.
- Provide support in implementation of all business plans and prepare regular and periodic reports.
- General degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or equivalent.
- Strong in mathematics, spreadsheet modelling.
- Understand business objectives of our company and our market segments.
- Ability to interpret large amounts of data and to multi-task.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal, eloquent presentation skills and the ability to effectively engage with a broad range of stakeholders including business and industry partners.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking.
- Demonstrated ability in Microsoft office, especially MS word, MS excel, and MS PowerPoint.
Algoma offers a competitive salary including performance bonuses, a comprehensive benefit package and a defined contribution pension plan.
If you meet the qualifications for this position and are committed to a challenging career with a dynamic company, in a community that offers superior quality of life, we encourage you to apply today.
To apply for this position, click here.
To learn more about our company, please visit www.algoma.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage diversity in our workplace. Accommodation is available for applicants with a disability. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those candidates that are selected for an interview will be contacted.