Sault Area Hospital
POSITION: Manager Warehouse and Distribution Full Time
RATE: $92,082 to $113,249 annually
Sault Area Hospital is presently seeking a highly motivated individual who is able to lead a health care team in a constantly changing and complex environment in the Distribution department. The manager is accountable for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Department, including management of human, financial and material resources to ensure that the needs of the hospital are effectively met, ensuring high quality patient care and service, and promotion of excellent customer service.
- Oversight of the SAH Logistics’ department including Warehousing, Distribution and Purchasing for this high volume $30M + critical operation required to support the on-going services of the hospital on a daily basis.
- Collaborate and maintain positive business relationships with internal customers and outside entities.
- Collaborate with Managers of other departments to ensure that the necessary supplies are available for staff to carry out their roles and to improve services and reduce expenditures.
- Communicate regularly with internal and external customers (as appropriate) to assess level of satisfaction with services provided and implement remedial actions as necessary within available resources.
- Manage performance of staff including provision of feedback and coaching, corrective action or administering discipline as required. Preparing/delivering employee performance reviews, hiring/terminations of staff.
- Conduct leader rounding of staff, providing feedback as required.
- Function as a professional role model demonstrating excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to self-growth and development.
- Assist in the development and management of the organization’s financial strategy including the development of operational budgets.
- Plan operations in accordance with shipments, receiving, stores orders, perishability, and stock rotation requirements (expiries) for main warehouse, inventory rooms, and pandemic inventory.
- Report and clear under stock, over stock, and out of stock conditions.
- Develop, maintain, and communicate warehouse operations policies and procedures to team members.
- Plan, develop, and implement warehouse health, safety, and security programs.
- Ensure logistics team is appropriately staffed, as per Collective Agreement, to meet the supply needs of departments across the hospital and for off-site locations.
- Interview and hire staff and oversee staff training and safety.
- Maintain current knowledge of best practices and benchmarks and implement improvements/changes as appropriate.
- Plan and oversee month-end and year-end inventory process and reconciliations including year-end inventory count.
- Establish and monitor inventory and warehouse performance measures.
- Work collaboratively with the Procurement and Contract Specialist.
- Participate as an active member of the SAH Product Evaluation Committee.
- Actively pursue methods/strategies to continually improve workflow efficiencies, quality of services within the department. Ensure implementation of decisions within own team.
- Assist in development of communications strategies/plans/messaging as needed.
- Support positive SAH image publicly and internally.
- Refer all public or media inquires to Communication/Public Affairs.
- Assume other duties or projects as required to meet the needs of the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Logistics and or Supply Chain Certifications such as PMAC designations or equivalent recent experience in managing medium to large size warehousing and distribution operations with multiple stock keeping units (SKUs) / high inbound and outbound freight volumes.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of supervisory/managerial experience.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of relevant recent warehouse / distribution experience.
- Demonstrated strategic, business and operation planning experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently as a team member in a fast paced environment in stressful situations.
- Ability to maintain successful working relationships in an unionized work environment.
- Ability to organize time effectively to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrates interpersonal sensitivity including empathy, sensitivity, and understanding of human and organizational behavior, motivational techniques and coaching and counseling skills.
- Experience in an interdisciplinary team or team environment including ability to provide guidance and lead staff.
- Ability to work independently, think creatively, take initiative and manage own time to perform the duties of the position.
- Displays strong initiative and can establish personal goals and take responsibility for meeting them within defined timeline.
- Demonstrated proficiency in a Microsoft environment.
- Proficiency with Meditech Materials Management module is preferred.
- Knowledge of the Transportation of Dangerous Goods regulations.
- Accredited designation such as Certified Inventory and Production Management (CPIM) or Certified Supply Chain Management Professional (CSCPM) designation is preferred.
- Knowledge of applicable legislation (i.e. Public Hospital’s Act, Broader Public Sector Purchasing Directives)
- Knowledge of process analysis and improvement techniques and continuous quality improvement and control models.
- Behaviour consistent with Hospital Mission, Values and Standards of Performance.
To apply to this exciting opportunity please send a cover letter and resume outlining how your knowledge, experience, and personal attributes are a good fit with the requirements of this position.
APPLY: Online at www.sah.on.ca/careers
POSTED: October 1, 2020 16:00 hours to October 15, 2020 16:00 hours
SAH is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.