Who is PQA Testing
We are a team of 150+ testers from all corners of Canada who live and breathe testing. Founded in 1997 by tech entrepreneur Keith McIntosh, PQA Testing has been Canada’s software testing specialist for more than 24 years. We are committed to providing top-quality testing services to customers here at home and abroad. As Canada’s largest and most established independent software testing companies, we insist on working with ‘quality’ people who share our passion for doing the job right!
We also care about the communities we call home, and we are working to make them even better. PQA works alongside our sister company, PLATO Testing, to increase Indigenous participation in the technology sector by training and employing members of First Nations, Métis, and Inuit communities as software testers.
We truly believe that better software leads to a better world, and we are proud to be helping our clients develop and launch the software that is making that a reality.
We are growing across Canada and looking for a strong Manager of software testing consultants to help us do that! This successful candidate will ideally be based in Sault Ste Marie; this is an exciting chance to experience the beauty of Northern Ontario. The region is nestled in Algoma county, surrounded by idyllic scenery native to the Canadian Shield, perfect for the outdoorsy types! Most importantly, this is a great place to grow and boost your experience in the testing industry. Come learn and grow in the Soo!
What you’ll do
You will manage a small team (3-6 people) of software testing consultants delivering services to our clients, while also delivering on client assignments directly as a Senior Consultant.
- Coach and mentor a diverse team of testing professionals in improving their technical and consulting skills
- Motivate and manage employees as they provide attentive, efficient service to customers
- Assess employee performance and provide helpful feedback
- Identify activities to grow testing professionals
- Create customized training plans to address performance feedback and employee’s goals
- Resolve conflicts or complaints from customers and employees
- Ensure team members follow company policies and procedures
- Promote corporate culture and values to provide a positive employee experience
- Facilitate regular team meetings to review progress, milestones, and goals
- Support recruiting efforts through interviews and active pursuit of testing professionals
- Aid in sales pursuits providing technical expertise
Senior Testing Responsibilities
- Conduct testing to align with client test methodologies
- Participate in defect triage
- Create test strategies and test plans
- Design test cases and test scenarios
- Track status of test team’s progress
- Reporting status and metrics to clients and management
- Participate with clients in discussions of prioritizing testing activities
- Mentoring of junior resources on testing projects
What you’ll need
- A university degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years’ experience in software quality assurance
- Experience across several industry verticals
- Experience in manual and automation testing an asset
- 2+ years’ experience as a people manager
- Managing diverse teams of varying backgrounds and cultures
- Managing remote teams is an asset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate and simplify technical topics
- Active listening and problem-solving skills
- Conscientious and responsible
- Organizational and leadership skills
- Diverse testing experience is an asset (ex. ETL, Test Automation, Test Planning)
Work with us
At PQA Testing, we encourage our employees’ personal career growth. We have plans in place to make sure that each employee is connected with a people manager to help guide them through their professional development, offer e-learning classes, and give our employees the opportunity to pursue software certifications for cutting-edge technologies.
PQA respectfully acknowledges that our offices are located on treaty territories, unceded First Nations and Inuit territories, and part of Métis homelands. We honour their long history of welcoming many Nations to the beautiful Turtle Island and we actively work towards reconciliation between Métis, Inuit, and First Nation peoples and non-Indigenous people on this Land.
We contribute to proactive employment practices to promote inclusivity and diversity to those especially marginalized populations such as women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples, and all other groups protected under the Human Rights Code.
We are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
To apply, please visit our career page at: