JOB POSTING #: 535-591-2019
POSITION: Manager – Full-time
DEPARTMENT: Health Records & Privacy
RATE: $89,836.00 to $110,487.00 annually
Sault Area Hospital (SAH) is presently seeking a highly motivated individual who is able to lead multidisciplinary health care teams in a constantly evolving and complex environment. Reporting to the Director, Quality & Medical Affairs & Chief Privacy Officer, the Manager of Health Records and Privacy Officer will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations and business components of the Health Records Department including: developing and monitoring annual budgets and efficiently managing human and material resources to ensure the delivery of high-quality patient-focused care and promotion of excellent customer service. The Manager will also be accountable for inspiring and supporting staff through significant change such as the implementation of Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
The Manager will promote a healthy work environment in accordance with Occupation Health and Safety and Human Resource Standards and best practices as well as implement and monitor the annual operating plan for assigned services.
- Ensure program services are appropriately staffed, as per Collective Agreements, through the recruiting, supervision, and performance management of staff to meet requirements of both internal and external customers.
- Maintain current knowledge of best practices and benchmarks for the delivery of patient care and/or services, and implement improvements/changes as appropriate.
- Ensure that accurate, and readily accessible, patient personal health information and records are provided to nursing units / physicians through the development, maintenance and continuous improvement of appropriate systems.
- Take a leadership role in the planning, development, implementation and maintenance of the ONE EMR initiative / Meditech Expanse and execute change management strategies to support Department staff and others through significant change
- Actively pursue methods / strategies to continually improve workflow efficiencies, quality of services, patient satisfaction, and employee and physician engagement.
- Establish standards according to the Public Hospitals Act, Accreditation Canada standards, and all other relevant legislation, regulation and standards.
- Ensure that the Public Hospitals Act, the Mental Health Act, the Personal Health Information Protection Act, and all other legislation and regulations are followed regarding safety, security and confidentiality of patient records.
- Ensure the quality and accuracy of medical information coding submitted to the Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI) in order to optimize funding from the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care and to meet corporate information requirements.
- Communicate regularly with internal and external customers (as appropriate) to assess level of satisfaction with services provided, and implement remedial actions as necessary within available resources.
- Ensure all records are completed within established turnaround time targets and provide statistics through reports to various Committees and to the medical staff.
- Create and maintain relevant policies and procedures.
- Participate on appropriate SAH, community, and provincial forums and committees.
- Assume other duties as may be assigned.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in a business or health-related field required
- Certification as a Health Information Management (HIM) professional through the Canadian College of Health Information Management an asset
- Current membership with the Canadian Health Information Management Association (CHIMPA) an asset
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Experience managing people in a unionized environment preferred
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently as a team member in a fast paced environment in stressful situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally.
- Ability to maintain successful working relationships with the interdisciplinary team to achieve positive outcomes.
- Demonstrates interpersonal sensitivity including empathy, sensitivity, and understanding of human and organizational behavior, motivational techniques and counseling skills.
- Experience in an interdisciplinary team or team environment including ability to provide guidance and supervise staff
- Ability to work independently, think creatively and critically, take initiative and manage own time to perform the duties of the position.
- Displays strong initiative and can establish personal goals and take responsibility for meeting them within defined timeline.
- Knowledge of process analysis and improvement techniques and continuous quality improvement and control models.
- Behaviour consistent with Hospital Mission, Values and Standards of Performance.
Join a team of healthcare professionals committed to
excellence in the delivery of person-focused care.
To apply to this exciting opportunity please send a cover letter and resume outlining how your knowledge, experience, and personal attributes are a good fit with the requirements.
Note: Because of the changing nature of the work and work to be done, other responsibilities and duties may be assigned and qualifications may be adjusted from time to time. Only those selected for testing/interview will be contacted.
APPLY: Online at www.sah.on.ca/careers
POSTED: August 22, 2019, 16:00 hours to August 29, 2019, 16:00 hours
Sault Area Hospital is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity, equal opportunity and maintaining a barrier-free selection process for job applicants. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known to the Human Resources department when contacted. All requests are handled confidentially.
This position is covered by a collective agreement. Applications from outside the bargaining unit are welcome, but can only be considered if the position is not filled from within the bargaining unit.