At EACOM, we transform more than wood. Our talented team of 1,100+ employees is committed to working, building, and growing together. Embedded in northern Ontario and Quebec communities, our mills have a long, rich history. We responsibly manage and transform forest resources into high-quality wood products. From the Canadian woodlands to the North American home building market, we strive for sustainability, collaboration, safety, and continuous improvement.
We are looking for a MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR for our Sault Ste. Marie I-Joist facility in Ontario. Reporting to the Mill Manager, you will be responsible for leading the maintenance team of millwrights, electricians and saw filers.
You will be responsible for the overall maintenance of the plant, scheduling, health and safety and working with the production team to ensure up time.
- Supervise the work of maintenance workers, subcontractors, & contract staff in a unionized environment.
- Organize, improving and scheduling routine and preventive maintenance of plant & equipment (shutdowns).
- Management of continuous improvement initiatives and participate in the problem-solving process.
- Ensure PM & corrective work effectiveness and compliance with current procedures.
- Support and implement the values of the company, ensure Maintenance department is in compliance with various legislation & regulations including Environmental, Health and Safety.
- Stimulate and maintain a positive work environment through use of excellent interpersonal skills, team building and communication with all departments.
- Maintain, develop or upgrade the methodology of maintenance systems to maximize fast and reliable response to equipment problems. (In compliance with health and safety rules).
- Analyze and identify root cause of problems and effectively initiate immediate corrective action to prevent re occurrence.
- Provide training and ongoing development to the Maintenance team.
- Upgrade maintenance process of the work systems and maintenance contracts management.
- Be conscientious of cost and work to ensure good cost control.
- Maintain continuous improvement focus through effective leadership in maintenance meetings.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, coaching, mobilizing and conflict management.
- Demonstrate excellent leadership, be a team player with the ability to manage pressure.
- Analyzing and good organizational skills.
- Result-oriented and problem-solving skills.
- Strong work ethic, good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Completed program, University or College level in mechanical OR electrical engineering.
- Millwright ticket/red seal certification OR an Electrician ticket/Red Seal Certification is an important asset.
- Have a minimum of 3 to 5 years of relevant experience, ideally in a sawmill or manufacturing plant.
- Proven experience in supervising technical staff in a unionized environment.
- Achievements and commitment to health and safety at work.
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken English; French is an asset.
- Proven Health and Safety accountability and are knowledgeable of occupational health and safety.
- Knowledgeable in the areas of electrical, mechanical (hydraulic, pneumatic), fabrication/welding and PLC programming.
How to apply:
If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
EACOM is an employer that respects equal opportunities in employment.
The masculine gender is only for abbreviation.