EACOM TIMBER CORPORATION
At EACOM, we transform more than wood. Our talented team of 1,100+ employees is committed to working, building, and growing together. Embedded in northern Ontario and Quebec communities, our mills have a long, rich history. We responsibly manage and transform forest resources into high-quality wood products. From the Canadian woodlands to the North American home building market, we strive for sustainability, collaboration, safety, and continuous improvement.
We are looking for a Maintenance Planner for our Sault Ste. Marie I-Joist facility in Ontario.
Reporting to the Mill Manager, you will be responsible for planning the work of the maintenance department.
As a leader in the preventive maintenance program, you will demonstrate innovation and constantly look for new ways to be more productive while enhancing health and safety.
In this role, you must ensure maximum equipment uptime and efficiency.
- Manage the preventive maintenance program and the work order system while ensuring that health and safety aspects are included in the prevention and corrective action plans.
- Coordinate activities to evaluate the quality and effectiveness of production equipment, tools, and work procedures.
- Review downtime reports for different sectors and recommend changes.
- Develop and/or monitor performance indicators in your sector. Set ambitious goals to improve these indicators.
- Regularly tour the mill.
- When required, attend problem-solving sessions with key stakeholders.
- Extract information from SAP system for cost reporting and maintain CMMS (SAP) updates.
- Identify priorities for equipment purchases and modifications and add any critical parts to warehouse stock.
- Plan projects to modify equipment and help the project team as needed.
- Kit and stage parts and materials for execution.
- Facilitate planning meeting to establish priority work to be planned and executed.
- In collaboration with the staff concerned, participate in the ongoing review of quality control programs and the drafting or review of policies and procedures that affect improvements and cost reductions and increase efficiency.
- Help implement and monitor the inspections, sampling, and testing that ensure finished products meet quality specifications.
- Submit recommendations about decisions on the development of new production standards.
- Help ensure compliance with health and safety and environment standards and submit recommendations to stakeholders as required.
- Ensure that work areas, hazardous waste warehouse, and product segregation comply with and meet insurance company standards.
- Ensure that equipment is shipped at optimum efficiency according to inventory levels.
- Help with different employee training and development activities.
- Develop and manage maintenance library.
- Collaborate for vacation coverage as needed.
- Excellent analysis and problem solving-skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate leadership and influencing skills.
- Show independence, discipline and organizational skills.
- DEP Industrial Mechanics + 5 years of experience OR DEC Industrial Maintenance + 3 years of experience OR Bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering + minimum of 1 to 2 years of relevant experience
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in managing technical teams in an industrial or manufacturing setting
- 1 to 3 years of project management experience
- Proficiency in basic computer skills (Outlook and intermediate Excel)
If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
EACOM is an employer that respects equal opportunities in employment.