We are currently seeking Machinists (429A) for our Tooling department. Responsible for fabricating replacement and new parts for facility machinery. Machinists set up and operate a variety of machine tools to cut or grind metal, plastic or other materials into parts or products that meet precise specifications. Machinists also inspect machined parts and tooling in order to maintain quality control standards.
Location: Sault Ste. Marie, ON
- Fabricate replacement and new parts as per job order requests and emergency breakdowns.
- Set up, operate and maintain a variety of machine tools to perform precision machining operations such as turning, milling, boring, planning, drilling, grinding;
- Read and interpret blueprints, charts and tables or study sample parts to determine machining operations to be performed;
- Compute dimensions, tolerance, and measure and lay out work pieces.
- Verify dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments
- Set up and program machine tools for use.
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance on shop facility machinery.
- A minimum education of high school diploma
- Advanced skills (Journeyman level) required in the Machinist field with possession of a provincial or inter-provincial ticket
- Experience using one or more of the following tools: lathe, milling machine, drill press, and vertical/horizontal cut off saw.
- Ability to read, interpret, and create blueprints and schematics.
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and computers.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds required.
**Candidates must successfully complete Alcohol & Drug testing, pre-employment medical and online assessments to be hired**
If your experience and knowledge match our requirements, please apply
Tenaris is an equal opportunity employer, valuing diversity in employment.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those that match the criteria required for the desired profile will be contacted.