At Tenaris, you will join a global network of professionals working together toward a common goal: shape the future of energy through advanced tubular products and services.
If you want to become part of a diverse team that values results, analytical approach to problem solving and teamwork, Tenaris is the place for you.
Laboratory Technician, Sault Ste. Marie, ON
LOCATION: Sault Ste Marie – Ontario – Canada
At Tenaris, we are looking for individuals who are willing to take on challenges and work in a dynamic and high-performance environment. As a leading global manufacturer, Tenaris supplies steel pipe products and related services for the world’s energy industry and other industrial applications. Across Canada, we have operations in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Estevan, Saskatchewan, Calgary, Red Deer, Grande Prairie, Ft. Saskatchewan, and Nisku, Alberta, offering many opportunities for personal and professional growth. With a local focus inside a global organization, we are committed to delivering value to customers that range from large established oil and gas companies to exciting new entrants to the market.
Advance your career with Tenaris.
We are currently seeking an experienced Laboratory Technician for our Algoma Tubes operations.
Role and Responsibilities
- Perform lab analysis in all stages of manufacturing to ensure proper quality control of raw materials and finished products
- Support productivity improvement, reducing down time/set-up time, scrap rate and other project work
- Investigate specific aspects of product performance where improvements are needed or where performance problems have been identified.
- Assist with the resolution of technical problems in manufacturing
- Implement and monitor lab test practices in accordance with ASTM and Tenaris internal standards
- Support production teams to ensure products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the quality management system.
- Maintain systems to ensure continuity of ISO 17025 lab certification.
- Metallurgical analysis for mechanical failures in mill equipment.
- Analyze QA data as needed to define previous quality performances.
- Conduct lab and line trials as required to understand causes of problems and potential solutions.
- Maintain accurate start up and test records.
- Support scrap-reduction, cost savings and quality improvement teams, with focus on process and material optimization.
- Perform analysis routinely and maintain complete and accurate records of all analyses performed
- Ensure all sampling, analytical and monitoring equipment is in good reliable working
- Support lab manager and lab operators in daily tasks
- Multiple projects will be part of daily activity
- Support and align with Health and Safety initiatives across the company.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Continuous Improvement in a synergistic approach throughout product phases, maintaining excellent communication.
- Post-Secondary education in Metallurgy, Material Science or Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in steel manufacturing preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a similar environment; previous lab experience preferred
- Knowledge of ASTM standards, testing methods, and procedures
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Fantastic trouble shooting, and problems solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
If you are interested in this position and your experience and knowledge match our requirements, please apply, or contact your local HR representative for more information.
How to apply:
Thank you for your interest.