PUC Services Inc.
Company: PUC Services Inc.
Job Type: Permanent Full
Posting Closes: March 12, 2021
PUC Services Inc. (PUC) operates multiple utilities within and around the City of Sault Ste. Marie, including the supply, treatment and distribution of municipal drinking water, the supply of electricity, and the operation of wastewater treatment facilities.
PUC offers a dynamic, challenging and rewarding work environment that encourages collaboration and innovative thinking. We are seeking a new member to join our Information Technology department. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, a problem solver and critical thinker with an innate desire to learn and grow.
Reporting to the Manager of Information Technology, the Junior System Analyst will provide support in various Information Technology strategies. The primary responsibilities of this position include:
• Assisting with developing, maintaining, upgrading, troubleshooting, and testing of PUC business applications
• Supporting the Senior Business System Analyst with report writing query, building and data extractions to support end users and business applications throughout the organization
• Conducting interviews to gather end-user requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, and other methods
• Communicating changes, enhancements, and modifications of business requirements — verbally or through written documentation — to project leads, sponsors, and other stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood
• Helping to analyze processes, design workflows and implement other changes to gain efficiencies and achieve process automation
• Creating process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction and information to stakeholders and/or the project team
• Producing training materials, application documentation, delivering training sessions, and coaching system users in the use of required software and other technical tools
• Developing and nurturing strong professional relationships with employees, clients, PUC business partners and third-party vendors
• Must possess a minimum of a post-secondary diploma in Computer Science or Information Systems
• 2+ years’ experience in a relevant position – preferably with a focus on computer programming & analysis
• Experience with ASP.NET MVC / Core and Microsoft SSRS would be an asset
• Prior exposure to Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) applications is an asset
• Knowledge of, and experience developing with Microsoft.NET (VB.NET/C#)
• Proficiency with SQL and relational databases such as SQL Server and Oracle
• General knowledge of computer hardware and software
• Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
• Networking & security concepts (Active Directory, Exchange, role-based security, firewalls)
• Troubleshooting and testing techniques for software applications
• Proven analytical and conceptual thinking abilities
• Logical and efficient, with a keen attention to detail
• Fundamental planning, organizational, and time management skills
• Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
• Thrives working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Exercises sound judgment in decisions regarding confidential matters
How to apply:
PUC Services is an equal opportunity employer.