JUNIOR SOFTWARE TESTER (RECENT GRADUATE)
SAULT STE. MARIE
Who is PQA Testing
Professional Quality Assurance Ltd. (PQA) Testing has been going strong since 1997! As Canada’s largest and most established independent software testing company, we insist on working with quality people who share our passion for quality testing! We have built a team of people who also believe quality is the most important deliverable. Our team of software testing specialists believe that better software leads to a better world.
We are committed to building strong communities – our sister company PLATO Testing, trains and employs members of First Nations, Metis, and Inuit communities across the country. Our team members enjoy opportunities for continuous learning and they work with leading-edge companies, technologies, and tools.
We have ever-growing opportunities working on-site at our office in Sault Ste. Marie. If you are a recent graduate looking to start your IT career software testing, this is an exciting chance to experience the beauty of Northern Ontario. The region is nestled in Algoma county, surrounded by idyllic scenery native to the Canadian Shield, perfect for the outdoorsy types! Most importantly, this is a great place to grow and boost your experience in the testing industry. Come learn and grow in the Soo!
What you’ll do
- Perform risk-based and context-driven functional software testing
- Conduct testing to align with client test methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, BDD, etc)
- Use defect tracking and test case management systems to document test cases, record defects and record test case execution results
- Work/communicate directly with project stakeholders including Business and external Vendors and discuss defects, priority of testing activities
- Extract testing requirements from functional / business requirements and transform them to test cases
- Write detailed test plans, test cases, and test status reports
What you’ll need
- Computer Science degree, Engineering degree, or equivalent work experience
- Testing-related experience, through Co-Op or project work, including:
- test case/test data design, test execution, test reporting
- unit testing and basic functionality testing
- Test Management tools such as ALM/QC, JIRA, gTest
- Familiarity with automation tools (Selenium, QTP/UFT, Tosca, etc)
- Familiarity with service level API testing (SoapUI, Postman, Katalon, etc)
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins, TeamCity, GitLab, etc)
- ISTQB certification or similar testing certification considered an asset
- Ability to write SQL queries
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to propose practical solutions to complex problems
- Flexibility, self-motivation and the ability to give and receive feedback at all levels
- Adaptable and willing to work through challenges with a positive attitude
- Ability to build collaborative working relationships in a team-oriented environment
Don’t have everything that we’ve listed above? Don’t worry. Our Recruitment team will be happy to explore your potential fit with our team based on your individual experiences.
Work with us
At PQA Testing, we encourage our employees’ personal career growth. We have plans in place to make sure that each employee is connected with a mentor to help guide them through their professional development, offer regular lunch & learns, and give our employees chances to attend industry conferences.
Our employee’s health and wellness is #1 here at PQA Testing. We offer health incentives for our full-time employees to help them reach their goals of a healthy lifestyle, including a company-wide mental health day annually. PQA is always organizing events that bring all of us closer, even if virtually!
PQA respectfully acknowledges that our offices are located on treaty territories, unceded First Nations and Inuit territories, and part of Métis homelands. We honour their long history of welcoming many Nations to the beautiful Turtle Island and we actively work towards reconciliation between Métis, Inuit, and First Nation peoples and non-Indigenous people on this Land.
We contribute to proactive employment practices to promote inclusivity and diversity to those especially marginalized populations such as women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples, and all other groups protected under the Human Rights Code.
We are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
We offer competitive wages and benefits, along with the opportunity to be part of a growing and innovative industry. For more information visit https://www.pqatesting.com