The IT Administrator is responsible for maintaining support for all Information Systems to include, Computer Equipment
and Software/Phones The main objective is to ensure optimal customer service, maximizing efficiency, and production.
- Owns the Day to day operation of all Information Systems and all IT Infrastructure including the mill phone system.
- Work with Corporate IT to maintain the Internet, MPLS, and other systems connected to our Wan.
- Maintains servers (physical and virtual), hubs, routers, bridges, switches, fiber optics, LAN, Wan, Exchange environment, Printers and copiers, and other in-house applications.
- Install and support corporate antivirus software and ensure the deployment and functionality of any security utilities or patches deemed appropriate by corporate security.
- Create and maintain user accounts in a Microsoft Active Directory environment.
- Responsible for the support and maintenance of application servers running MS SQL Server or another database.
- Support and Maintain the ADP system for Payroll and lookups for accounting.
- Support the internet, intranet, share point, Office 365, Windows 7/10 workstations, Windows Servers, and VMware ESXi environment.
- Maintains the mill security camera system, NVR server, and any remote viewing stations and remote viewing software.
- Setup and support all company-owned mobile devices and mobile applications (email, SAP Concur, MS Multifactor Authentication, etc.)
- Provide training for all new hardware and software that is used on-site and perform network orientations for new hires at responsible sites.
- Respond to IT requests through corporate IT helpdesk software and document all IT hardware/software changes
- Work with IT vendors and contractors for warranty hardware repairs, cabling, large installations or modifications affecting IT Infrastructure, etc.
- Support all PLC computers, HMIs/MMIs, and associated peripheral equipment and work with and support the mill’s process control technician.
- Associates in Computer Programming or equivalent relevant education
- 3 to 5 years of work experience within a role
- Computer troubleshooting knowledge and skills including MS active directory, MS Exchange, MS SQL Server, current Windows desktop and server operating systems, Cisco and HP switches, wireless radio’s, SharePoint software, phone systems (mobile and landline)
- Working knowledge of VMWare ESXi environment operations and maintenance
- Good written and verbal communication
- Able to work unsupervised and to train/educate users of various skill levels
- Able to keep up to date on new and emerging technologies
- Computer literacy/knowledge including Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Ability to perform under pressure and multi-task
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and coordinate workflow
- Proactive, self-motivated, and flexible.
- Ability to work as a team and assist other team members.
PLUS (NOT REQUIRED):
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- IT certifications are a plus.
- Knowledge in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
This position offers an attractive compensation package with a gain and profit-sharing plan, as well as an excellent Health/Dental and
Pension Plan and very supportive team-based work environment.
Please apply online at www.arauco.com. Resumes will be accepted until July 24, 2020.
ARAUCO thanks all applicants for their interest in our organization; however, only candidates invited for testing and/or an interview will
Arauco is committed to creating an inclusive culture across the organization by preventing and removing barriers for persons with
disabilities. Where it is not possible to remove barriers, Arauco will make efforts to accommodate persons with disabilities in a timely,
effective and suitable manner. If you require any accommodations during the recruitment process, please let us know.