For over a century Algoma has a proud history and strong traditions of being an industry leading manufacturer of hot and cold rolled sheet steels in carbon and high strength low-alloy grades and we are Canada’s only plate producer. We are integral to the making of many of our modern day buildings, products and appliances. Our steel is used in construction, mining, manufacturing, automotive, shipbuilding, energy resources including renewable energy and military applications throughout North America. Today’s steel industry is rapidly evolving and so are we, bringing new products to market that our customers need for their success. We are inviting everyone who has a talent and drive for superior performance, a desire to be part of a team of steel industry professionals focused on transforming our company to continue our century long tradition of delivering high quality steel products to our customers, improving the quality of life for our community, demonstrating industry-leading environmental stewardship and providing rich and rewarding careers for our employees.
Core Competencies and Skills Required
- Must have a Grade 12 Level of education or equivalency and possess Ironworker (420A) or (420B) or Metal Fabricator (Fitter) (437A) with relevant experience.
- Must have a 4-position CWB Welding ticket.
- A valid Gas ticket would be an asset.
- Must have an understanding of all tools and equipment utilized in the trade and all related safety practices relative to the trade.
- Must have a minimum of Grade 12 education.
- Successful applicants must be able and willing to work on a rotating shift schedule.
If you meet the qualifications for this position and are committed to a challenging career with a dynamic company, in a community that offers superior quality of life, we encourage you to apply today.
To learn more about our company, please visit www.algoma.com
We offer a competitive salary, an extended health benefits package, a defined contribution pension plan and profit sharing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage diversity in our workplace. Accommodation is available for applicants with a disability. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those candidates that are selected for an interview will be contacted.