PUC Services Inc. operates multiple utilities within and around the City of Sault Ste. Marie, including the supply and delivery of electricity and drinking water, energy services and the treatment of water and wastewater.
As the Instrumentation & Maintenance Electrician, your duties will include:
• Install, program, maintain, calibrate, diagnose and repair electrical equipment, and microcomputer-based data acquisition and control systems in an effective and safe manner;
• Participate in the development and review of contingency plans, and operation and maintenance procedures;
• Use software diagnostic routines to test and maintain equipment;
• Communicate and interact with the public, government inspectors, contractors, and staff;
• Work within ESA and all other applicable legislation;
• Maintain logs and records; and
• Assist in training new staff on plant operations and maintenance.
• A post-secondary diploma in an Instrumentation or Electronic Engineering related field;
• Must hold a valid Certificate of Qualification as a Journeyman Construction & Maintenance Electrician or Industrial Electrician;
• Obtain and hold a valid Class 1 Wastewater Treatment Operator Certificate;
• Must possess and maintain a valid Ontario driver’s license;
• Demonstrate knowledge and experience maintaining, calibrating and repair equipment such as instrumentation, electronics, computers, telemetry and SCADA systems;
• Self-motivated with the ability to work as part of a team and to take initiative;
• Strong oral and written communication skills;
• Ability to exercise judgement in adjusting process variables to meet operating parameters;
• Proficient in operating computerized systems; and
• Ability to be on-call on a scheduled basis.
We are an equal opportunity employer
RESUMES STATING QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL 4:00PM ON JULY 29, 2020 AND MAY BE ADDRESSED TO:
PUC SERVICES INC.
500 SECOND LINE E
SAULT STE MARIE, ON P6A 6P2