We are currently seeking an experienced Industrial Process Technologist to join the Tenaris team. The successful candidate will identify and implement the best operation practices by; promoting technological updates, compliance with production programs, optimizing processes, identifying relevant supplies costing, compliance with defined quality standards and working within a safe work environment. In addition, the incumbent will collaborate with the Tenaris University Rep to guarantee knowledge sharing in the area of specialty.
Location: Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario
- Provides quality assurance for end products, analyzing performance of the manufacturing process and designing or improving manufacturing practices.
- Complies with established quality standards, designing a stable and defect-free process
- Tracking quality procedures from generation to implementation.
- Provides technical support ensuring the provision of technical service on initiatives of new projects related to the line/process.
- Ensures satisfaction of internal clients and external customers by monitoring product quality results and analyzing/implementing action plans as required.
- Collaborates in the fulfilment of cost objectives, optimizing the use of the most relevant supplies.
- Compliance with line manufacturing programs, verifying that the performance of machinery and instruments used in the production process respond to established use and efficiency criteria.
- Cooperates with Product Development Dept. for the development of new products (new specifications, different dimensional characteristics etc)
- Work closely with Engineering for the development and design of investments.
- Contributes from a technical perspective in the analysis and solution of highly complex issues
- Act as a technical reference in the mill(s), whenever required, in one or more technologies under the area of specialty.
- Collaborates with TU in order to guarantee knowledge sharing in the area of specialty by; participating in the development, revision and update of Tenaris courses, ensuring active participation in training activities, supporting the communication process.
- Takes into consideration energy saving issues when developing phases and process.
- Complies with Tenaris policies, procedures and management standards, and ensures adherence with all laws and regulations that apply to the area of responsibility.
- Protects from damage, theft or misuse the facilities, equipment and other physical resources assigned to his/her area.
- BSc in Mechanical, Electrical, Materials, Metallurgy or Mechatronics
- 3-5 years previous experience in an industrial, manufacturing environment
- 5+ years’ experience with ERW technology
- Previous experience with process and systems control and automation an asset
- Ability to perform failure analysis and provide solution based ideas
- Experience with large data set manipulation
- Knowledge of programming and coding an asset
- Self-motivated and quick thinker with a desire to learn
- Mechanically/electrically inclined
- High attention to detail
- Previous experience in the Oil and Gas industry an asset
- Intermediate to advanced Excel and Office skills
- Safety and Quality minded, detail oriented, with strong follow-up and analytical skills
- Boots on the ground personality, interpersonal skills to work with all levels of the company
If your experience and knowledge match our requirements, please apply
Tenaris is an equal opportunity employer, valuing diversity in employment.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those that match the criteria required for the desired profile will be contacted.