AECOM is seeking a Sector Lead that will be focused on Indigenous Markets. The primary area of operations will include the Ontario region, but some projects may be located in Western Canada and the Northwest Territories and/or Nunavut. The role involves travel to meetings as required for business development and project management.
Proficiency in client communications and the proven ability to foster and maintain good client relationships is essential.
The appropriately qualified candidate will have a proven track record in design, project management, proposal writing and business development.
There will be emphasis on client, project team and subconsultant relationship management. The candidate will have the ability to build relationships internally and externally and use his/her municipal infrastructure experience, client relationship and account management experience to grow opportunities.
The role includes providing leadership and guidance to less experienced project team members.
A strong background in construction contract administration and in dealing with contractors and subcontractors on a variety of project types is very important.
Experience in the project management of multi-disciplinary teams and subconsultants on large and small projects is essential.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Business development including client liaison and capture manager for work within the Indigenous market sector
- Client liaison, acting as a Capture Manager for new project opportunities, proposal preparation and developing consulting budget estimates.
- Daily management and operational leadership of the project teams and subconsultants, including scope, schedule, deliverables, quality, health & safety, budgets and change management
- Lead existing municipal technical design and construction administration teams, for projects including:
o Sewer and watermain design, installation, replacement or reconstruction,
o Roadway and intersection improvements
o Site clearing, servicing, grading and drainage design
o Potable water pumping, transmission, storage and distribution systems
o Sanitary sewage drainage and pumping
- Management and coordination with supporting disciplines such as geotechnical, environmental, electrical, mechanical, structural, architectural and landscape architecture, etc.
- Asset management & condition assessment.
- Construction specifications and contracts, tender documents and management of the tender and award processes.
- Attend site meetings and inspections if necessary.
- Management during warranty periods and final acceptance.
- Lead the civil components of projects that may be managed by other business lines such as transportation, buildings & places, environmental, or rail, etc.
- The role involves working in a true partnership with local and national business leaders to ensure we have the right teams in place and that we deliver high-quality work.
- Foster collaboration and team building between business units
- Manage and build relationships with senior municipal infrastructure officials and professionals.
- Manage the successful delivery of multi-discipline projects and satisfying client expectations.
- Build upon project successes, nurture client relationships, and develop future business.
- Engage and collaborate with internal teams in support of business development opportunities.
- Ensure all projects are properly resourced and scheduled in accordance with target timeframes with a keen emphasis on health, safety and quality.
- Manage projects using AECOM’s project management platform for municipal infrastructure projects and local multi-disciplinary projects delivered in collaboration with AECOM professionals across Canada.
- Serve as Project Manager with client management, financial management and schedule management. Regardless of experience level, AECOM PM training and certification will be required.
- Ensure compliance of all projects with AECOM Quality Management System and Health and Safety Policy
- Demonstrate commitment to excellence and innovation, Experience with Indigenous clients and projects is highly desirable, including Federal funding and approval aspects and motivate others to create positive morale and engagement.
- Participate in the development and implementation of business development strategies.
- Stakeholder presentations and meetings, if necessary.
- Provide technical leadership associated with all aspects of municipal projects, including delivery excellence, quality control and safe work practices.
- Coordination with sub-consultants, regulatory agencies, and members of the public may be necessary to accomplish assigned objectives.
- Taking responsibility for the quality of written, technical and graphic work in a senior review (QA/QC) role
- Interacting directly with clients, approving authorities, contractors and utility providers and problem-solving a variety of complex design and construction elements, as well as developing practical cost-effective solutions.
- Recognize that AECOM programs such as Sustainability, Corporate Social Responsibility, and Ethics & Compliance are an overriding part of the organizational culture and project delivery excellence.
Please note sponsorship is not available for this position
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what’s possible – the world’s longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustainingdisaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
- Named one of Fortune magazine’s “World’s Most Admired Companies” for the sixth consecutive year
- Ranked #1 in Engineering News-Record ’s 2020 “Top 200 Environmental Firms”
- Ranked #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering News-Record ’s 2020 “Top 500 Design Firms”
- VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering and background in municipal engineering or related discipline+ 8 years of related experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) or eligibility for registration within next six months
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, MS Project and PowerPoint
- 10+ years progressive experience with a minimum of 5 years in Canada
- PMP Certification is an asset
- Strong and successful background in client relations and business development
- Highly developed communication skills.
- Proven leadership skills, with a proven track-record of successful project delivery and client satisfaction
- Experience in successful client relations and business development.
- Excellent oral and written English language presentation skills
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Business Development
Business Line Water
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 252496BR
Additional Locations: Sault Ste Marie, ON – 523 Wellington St E, CA
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.