English Testing Canada (ETC)
Salary Range: $16.00 To $18.00 Annually
Who We Are:
English Testing Canada (ETC) provides high-stakes English language proficiency tests (IELTS & CELPIP) at locations all across Canada. Our mission is to provide fair tests in a friendly and progressive setting. We embody our values in everything we do and we believe that everyone should be treated with dignity and respect. ETC clients are predominantly international professionals and students, and thus it is required that all staff are committed to promoting equity, fairness, and anti-oppression in this diverse workplace culture. Many of our staff are multilingual, and our goal is to have our staff reflect the diversity of our clients.
English Testing Canada (ETC) seeks a dependable, highly professional, and customer-service-focused IELTS Invigilator to support our ETC Test Centre located in Sault Ste. Marie, ON. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, detail-oriented, and capable of working in a fast-paced environment. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing organization that offers benefits, learning opportunities, and competitive compensation. The successful candidate must be available to work evenings and weekends; weekday availability is an asset.
- Setting up test rooms and equipment at the venue as required
- Checking in and out test-takers’ personal belongings
- Checking in test-takers using IELTS & CELPIP processes
- Administering and invigilating tests
- Cleaning up after tests
- Other duties as required
- Awareness of high stakes testing, including CELPIP and IELTS
- Availability on weekends is a must
- Superior customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, punctuality, and professionalism
- Ability to work under examination conditions with respect for confidentiality and secure information
- A strong commitment to principles of equity and social justice
- Experience with exam invigilation is an asset
- A valid Driver’s License and access to a vehicle is an asset
- Valid First Aid certification is an asset
How to apply:
Accommodations will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required. If you would like to request a specific accommodation, please advise the Human Resources Representation when you are selected to participate in the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
English Testing Canada (ETC) strongly values diversity in our workforce. We provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, creed, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status, physical and/or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by provincial and/or federal legislation.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
We encourage all qualified applicants to apply and we thank you for your interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in English Testing Canada.