The IAP Specialist will report to the Business Development Manager and working with the Business Development Team, the IAP Specialist will be helping to deliver the Innovation Accelerator Program (IAP) available to Algoma district SMEs. The IAP Specialist will assist with all aspects of the program and individual applicant projects including operational and technical assessments/research, applicant intake/application processes, client relationship management, and reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities
The IAP Specialist will participate in the following activities:
• Prepare for and participate in client meetings
• Assist with the client intake process (initial client contact, information gathering/vetting)
• Assist in the application process (assisting clients with forms and service provider quoting, providing input for reviews/recommendations, preparation of emails/agreements)
• Assist with Regional ICT Vendor and Service Provider research and interactions
• Client relationship management and tracking throughout individual applicant project lifecycles
• Contribute to the delivery of reporting to stakeholders and funders
• Tracking, maintenance and data gathering for client surveys (via Survey Monkey)
• Research and contribution to other SSMIC and ICT initiatives such as: ICT presentations and information sessions, ICT-related newsletter content, funding applications.
• Some travel may be involved throughout the Algoma district
• Prepare required reports and track budgets.
• College diploma or University degree, preferably in a Business, Information Technology or Computer Science field, and/or 3 years of relevant work experience.
• Passion for science and/or technology. Good to excellent understanding of several areas of IT would be considered an asset
• Strong research abilities
• An aptitude for accurate, highly detailed analytical skills
• Ability to work both independently and on a team
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Ability to utilize the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Why choose employment in Sault Ste. Marie?
Located at the heart of the Great Lakes, Sault Ste, Marie, Ontario is a beautiful waterfront city with a population of approximately 75,000. “The Sault” is rich in history, culture and adventure, boasting unmatched world class outdoor experiences throughout all four seasons. The bustling art sectors, museums, natural environment and numerous local eateries set our city apart from others. Summer and winter festivals are celebrated in a safe and affordable place to live. With easy commute times from home to work, and a high quality and vibrant lifestyle, Sault Ste. Marie provides a “home” experience with endless opportunities to discover.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Monday June 29, 2020
NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS:
Confidentiality of all applicants assured. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted and we thank all other applicants for their interest.
The Sault Ste. Marie Innovation Centre welcomes a diverse workforce. As a non-for-profit organization, we are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.