EACOM TIMBER CORPORATION
At EACOM, we transform more than wood. Our talented team of 1,100+ employees is committed to working, building, and growing together. Embedded in northern Ontario and Quebec communities, our mills have a long, rich history. We responsibly manage and transform forest resources into high-quality wood products. From the Canadian woodlands to the North American home building market, we strive for sustainability, collaboration, safety, and continuous improvement.
We are looking for a Human Resources Manager for our Sault Ste. Marie I-Joist facility in Ontario.
Under the leadership of the Central Ontario, Regional Manager, Human Resources and in close collaboration with the Mills management leaders, the Manager, Human Resources is responsible for implementing the strategic direction of the Human Resources and Health & Safety functions within his assigned client group.
- Continuously assess the pulse and organizational culture of workers to provide feedback and recommendations to management on ways to improve employee performance and engagement.
- In collaboration with the Health, Safety and Risk Management team, coordinate and support the administration and deployment of health and safety programs to develop a strong culture and provide employees with a safe work environment.
- Responsible for managing labor relations, from the process of renewing the collective agreement to providing advice in its application in order to maintain healthy and harmonious labor relations.
- In collaboration with the corporate team and relevant stakeholders, responsible for recruitment, training, succession planning and talent development activities as well as the management of presence at work.
- Collaborates in the development and ensures the implementation of methods, procedures and practices relating to human resources management to support managers in their continuous improvement efforts.
- In collaboration with the corporate teams, participate in the development and ensure the local deployment of various human resources initiatives such as activities relating to “Wellness”, the annual incentive plan, the salary review process, talent assessment and staff mobilization.
- Ensure the application of the orientations and the follow-up of various changes related to employment policies, compensation and benefits.
- Actively contributes to the sharing of good practices within his team and via management meetings and participating in various committees.
- Ensures the administrative management related to HR responsibilities in compliance with the in compliance with the policies, procedures and legislations.
- Influence leadership as an advisor.
- Creativity and capacity to question the status quo.
- Analytical mind and capacity to synthesize information.
- Focus on teamwork in delivering and achieving results.
- Proven agility and adaptability.
- Capacity to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Strive for best practices and continuous improvement.
- Rigor, Integrity and Professional ethics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Human Resources, or certification related to Human Resources or equivalent experience.
- Minimum to 3 to 5 years of experience in a HR Business Partner role in unionized environment, manufacturing or forestry industry would be considered an asset.
- Member of a certified professional association in Human Resources (asset).
- Fluent in both spoken and written English. French is an asset.
- Facility in learning/using HR management software.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills (Ms Office Suite).
- Knowledgeable about occupational health and safety regulations.
- Available to travel on an occasional basis.
If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
EACOM is an employer that respects equal opportunities in employment.
The masculine gender is only for abbreviation.