At Tenaris, we are looking for individuals who are willing to take on challenges and work in a dynamic and high-performance environment. As a leading global manufacturer, Tenaris supplies steel pipe products and related services for the world’s energy industry and other industrial applications. Across Canada, we have operations in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario and Calgary, Red Deer and Nisku, Alberta, offering many opportunities for personal and professional growth. With a local focus inside a global organization, we are committed to delivering value to customers that range from large established oil and gas companies to exciting new entrants to the market.,
Advance your career with Tenaris.
We are currently seeking an HR Analyst – Labour Relations for our Human Resource department.
Location: Sault Ste. Marie, ON
As part of our Human Resources team, the HR Analyst – Labour Relations main role is to provide Human Resource support our industrial operations in for our Algoma Tubes location in Ontario.
- Provide management and Industrial Relations team with support and coaching on employee related matters, including but limited to:
- Tenaris Policies and procedures
- HR Related matters
- Maintaining HR systems for tracking the hourly employees, including Headcount, Attendance, Grievances and other statistical data
- Labour Relations matters: discipline, grievance handling, and administration of the collective agreement
- Respond to inquiries from employees regarding benefits, payroll and other employee programs and support administration of these programs
- Participate in recruitment and on-boarding of hourly employees
- Ensure completion of training for apprenticeships, on the job training, etc.
- Support Industrial Relations team with investigations into employee complaints, misconduct or other matters including documenting incidents and tracking and organizing data
- Assist in the preparation of complex cases such as dismissals and grievances
- Providing coaching to management in employee related matters
- Manage and prepare reporting for various key areas such as attendance, apprenticeship, performance
- Work effectively in a union and non-union environment
- Completion of post-secondary education in Business or Human Resources (Degree, Diploma or Certificate)
- 2+ years’ of experience in a similar role is preferred
- Experience in a unionized environment is an asset
- Experience in the oil and gas or manufacturing industries is an asset:
- Intermediate to Advance experience with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Strong attention to details
- A self-starter who proactively solves problems and is self-motivated
- Strong organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Must have ability to travel to different Tenaris office/manufacturing facilities within Canada is required
Tenaris offers a competitive salary, company and individual performance based bonuses, a comprehensive benefits package, including employer paid pension/RSP contributions, tuition reimbursement and access to extensive Corporate training through Tenaris University.
Looking for professional challenges with global prospects’ Tenaris is the place for you.
Please apply on our website at www.tenaris.com/careers/joinus. Search under “Canada” for this position.
Tenaris is an equal opportunity employer, valuing diversity in employment.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.