Full Time Registered Technologist
OPSEU LOCAL 620
JOB POSTING #: 092-108-2021
POSITION: Registered Technologist – Full Time
DEPARTMENT: Nuclear Medicine
RATE: $32.43 – $43.46 hourly
SHIFTS: Shift work, may include days, evening and night shifts, weekends and statutory holidays and on call assignments
Purpose of Position:
The Medical Radiation Technologist – Nuclear Medicine is responsible for the efficient and effective completion of ordered Nuclear Medicine examinations and the day to day operation of the area to which they are assigned within the Diagnostic Imaging Department. Technologists are responsible for the safe dispensing of controlled energy sources as defined by the Regulated Health Professional Act including ionizing radiation.
1. Perform imaging and in-vivo non-imaging and in-vitro procedures under the direction of the Technical Supervisor and Medical Directors.
2. Perform quality assurance procedures and report any significant changes.
3. Provide appropriate patient preparation and care.
4. Prepare and dispense, generators, radiopharmaceutical kits.
5. Administer radiopharmaceutical doses with proper venipuncture and maintain appropriate records.
6. Maintain radiopharmaceutical laboratory, receiving, logging, storing, and disposal.
7. Follow appropriate protection procedures and adhere to CNSC rules and regulations.
8. Perform decontamination procedures.
9. Care and maintenance of equipment and all work areas.
10. Assist in organizing daily work load.
11. Perform general office duties.
12. Other duties as assigned.
1. Graduate from an Accredited School of Medical Radiation Technology (Nuclear Medicine)
2. Registration in good standing with College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario
3. Will be required to maintain professional liability insurance while employed
4. MAC Certification to perform venipunctures
SKILLS & ABILITY:
1. Ability to work effectively and efficiently as a team member in a fast paced environment in stressful situations.
2. Customer service, interpersonal and telephone skills.
3. Computer literacy in a Microsoft environment.
4. Ability to maintain successful working relationships with the interdisciplinary team to achieve positive patient outcomes.
5. Ability to organize time effectively to perform the duties of the position.
6. Ability to meet and interact with people in a pleasant, professional, responsible and reassuring manner.
7. Behaviour consistent with Hospital Mission, Values and Standards of Performance.
8. Ability to read, write and communicate to perform the duties of the position.
9. Knowledge of: scintillation cameras , survey meters, scintillation counters and probes , dose calibrators, & Spect/CT
10. Sound knowledge of all Nuclear Medicine Procedures as ordered by a qualified practitioner including but not limited to Nuclear Cardiologylity to organize time effectively to perform the duties of the position.
11. Ability to meet and interact with people in a pleasant, professional, responsible and reassuring manner.
12. Ability to maintain successful working relationships with the interdisciplinary team to achieve positive patient outcomes.
Note: Because of the changing nature of the work and work to be done, other responsibilities and duties may be assigned and qualifications may be adjusted from time to time.
APPLY INTERNALLY: Online at www.sah.on.ca/careers
NOTE: Internal applicants, if providing a hardcopy, please complete internal application form.
POSTED: February 5, 2021
Sault Area Hospital is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity, equal opportunity and maintaining a barrier-free selection process for job applicants. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known to the Human Resources department when contacted. All requests are handled confidentially.
This position is covered by a collective agreement. Applications from outside the bargaining unit are welcome, but can only be considered if the position is not filled from within the bargaining unit.