Job Number: J0821-0024
Job Title: Flight System Simulator Specialist
Job Type: Support Staff Full-Time
Open Positions: 1
Location: Sault College – Sault Ste. Marie
Date Posted: August 3, 2021
Application Deadline: August 17, 2021
Full-time support staff vacancy
We are looking for amazing! If you are dynamic and would like the opportunity to help us to be recognized as the best student-centered College in the country, then you will find it here. As a member of our team, you will help students find their passions and help them achieve their amazing. If this is you, then join us at the hub of the Great Lakes, in the traditional territory of the Anishnaabek people.
The Opportunity: We are looking for an individual with a broad system level understanding of electro-mechanical and optical systems with an interest in the education of Canada’s future Aviation professionals. If you are dynamic self-motivated individual looking to satisfy your wide interest in modern aviation technology contributing to the future growth of our Aviation program as a leader in pilot training in North America with the best student-centered College in the country, then you will find it here.
The Flight Simulator System Specialist is responsible for maintaining and operating the electro-mechanical, pneumatic, optical and computer systems for the College flight simulators. You will also research and implement new simulator technologies for the Aviation department. The holder of AME-E licence will also be called upon to support the avionics in our aircraft and participate in the specification of future avionic upgrades as we strive to maintain commonality in cockpit configurations between all our flight training resources.
The incumbent will work with administrators and faculty in the support of curriculum development integrating simulator and computer-based training into our aviation ground school. The incumbent also develops, tests and implements simulator lesson plans in conjunction with College Flight instructors to support key skills development in support of the flight training curriculum.
The incumbent will also maintain and support the databases for the simulator and aircraft navigation equipment and cockpit instrumentation and displays.
What you need to be successful:
- a valid license as an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME-E) specializing in Aircraft Electronic Systems, an AME-E diploma or a technology diploma in a related field from a recognized program is preferred or
- an Engineering degree in a related field such as Aerospace, Systems, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- minimum three years’ practical experience in:
- simulator support or design and/or simulator flight lesson planning
- maintenance and operation of flight simulators and knowledge of aviation principals and procedures
- maintenance, purchase, troubleshooting and repairs of electrical, electronic, mechanical and hydraulic lab equipment
- multi-function display avionics, including GPS, software and support, maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs
- knowledge of computer hardware and networking
- excellent organization and planning skills
- strong problem solving and analytical skills
- strong interpersonal skills to work effectively within a collaborative team environment
- The following certificates or training are considered assets:
- Systems course for flight simulators
- Flight simulator hardware training on other devices
- Pilot license
- Experience in Transport Canada Certification QTG procedures
This is a full-time support staff position, 40 hours/week, Payband J $37.90 – $43.94 (starting rate $37.90/hr).
NOTE: I/O staff are considered internal applicants; Appendix D/PT staff are considered external applicants.
Sault College invites applications from all qualified individuals and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. We fairly hire the best candidates based on merit.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME, COVER LETTER AND THREE REFERENCES
How to apply: https://www.saultcollege.ca/employment/careers
We thank all applicants in advance – only those selected for an interview will be contacted