At Tenaris, we are looking for individuals who are willing to take on challenges and work in a dynamic and high-performance environment. As a leading global manufacturer, Tenaris supplies steel pipe products and related services for the world’s energy industry and other industrial applications. Across Canada, we have operations in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario and Calgary, Red Deer and Nisku, Alberta, offering many opportunities for personal and professional growth. With a local focus inside a global organization, we are committed to delivering value to customers that range from large established oil and gas companies to exciting new entrants to the market.
Advance your career with Tenaris.
We are currently seeking a talented Electrical Engineer for our growing Algoma office.
Location: Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Reporting to the Maintenance Services Manager, the successful candidate will support the following:
- Electrical developments that carry out operation, quality, and safety improvements to Tenaris production lines, electrical engineering design, specifications and review.
- Responsible for small capital expenditure project improvements, upgrades, and expansions.
- Hands on layout design, engineering and project management and implementation.
- Experience with PLC’s, Allen Bradley, HMI Systems, Automation
- Modifying equipment: Electrical systems, process controls, pumps, motors, hydraulics, CNC machines, heat treatment, hydro test units, pipe straighteners and NDT equipment,
- Handling equipment changes and creating specifications
- Coordinate with others to meet deadlines, organize work, collaborate across Maintenance and Operations teams.
- Self motivated and a self starter. Able to foresee any problem in the processes and the equipment. Ability to show pro-activeness in these situations.
- Analytical Skills: Ability to go to the root of problems and understand how pipe manufacturing, testing and hydro testing machines work, and suggest improvements. Know how to calculate forces and resistance, create drawings and be able to explain with details on how drawings should be done (ability to communicate this to a drafter).
- Write processes and equipment specifications (for e.g. when buying new equipment), or write about material specification which is going to be loaded in that equipment.
- Ability to understand and foresee requirement needs and suggest improvements: Will receive input from Quality and Operations departments. Ability to know what needs to be done so that quality is improved as well as the manufacturing processes. Will receive information on the process and may need to suggest the changes to be made.
- Other duties and projects, as assigned.
- Experience high voltage considered as an asset
- Experience in industrial automation is prefered
- Experience working in a plant or mill preferred.
- University degree in Automation/Industrial Control/Electrical Engineering
- A post-secondary degree of Engineering (Electrical is preferred) or a Technical Diploma is required
Tenaris offers a competitive salary, company and individual performance based bonuses, a comprehensive benefits package, including employer paid pension/RSP contributions, tuition reimbursement and access to extensive Corporate training through Tenaris University.
Looking for professional challenges with global prospects? Tenaris is the place for you.
Please apply on our website at www.tenaris.com/careers/joinus. Search under “Canada” for this position.
Tenaris is an equal opportunity employer, valuing diversity in employment.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.