A. Learning Management System and Faculty Support 50%
B. Multi-media Support 40%
C. Video and Web Conference Delivery Coordination 10%
A. Learning Management System and Faculty Support
● Primary point of contact to assist faculty in use of Moodle and Brightspace
● Monitor and respond to all technical-related calls for service for online students and instructors
● Troubleshoot individual, program, and institutional issues with Moodle and Brightspace
● Assist faculty in the setup and maintenance of technical course components including assessments, discussions, gradebooks, integration of external tools, and objects
● Work to enable faculty to utilize online learning technologies to enhance their courses, and maintain the technical integrity of online courses
● Perform course migrations to ensure student access and navigation, checking links in online courses each term
● Collaborate with IT to handle elearning technology related issues and requests where needed
● Provide coverage for Elearning Specialists when required
B. Multi-media Support
● Edit multimedia assets and online resources that support the use of technology in teaching
● Edit original video productions, learning objects, course material, web pages, graphical user interfaces, and animations
● Maintain and sustain previously developed assets by managing the collection and storage of source files and finished projects
● Guide faculty and staff on the integration of multimedia assets and use of digital materials through one-on-one meetings or group sessions
● Support the integration of multimedia in Brightspace and Moodle by troubleshooting issues and configuring content as required
● Migrate, upload, and integrate content from/to various platforms with considerations of digital functions
● Ensure all multimedia assets have the proper level of accessibility as required by AODA and other quality assurance standards
● Work with other campus teams on digital initiatives related to technology integration and collaborate with IT to provide support for the identification, roll-out, and implementation of technologies that support the student learning experience.
C. Video and Web Conference Delivery Coordination
● Coordinate scheduling bridge and related logistics for all VC courses
● Coordinate all Contact North bookings and exam invigilation
● Leverage training and delivery resources of organizations such as Contact North and eCampus Ontario
● Develop and deliver training sessions for faculty on VC and Web Conference delivery
● Train and mentor student assistants supporting VC and Web Conference delivery
● Troubleshoot issues related to video and web conferencing tools and collaborating with IT to resolve issues as required
● Post-secondary education, diploma or degree, in a relevant field; two years’ experience supporting or developing educational technologies, preferably in a post-secondary environment; a deep knowledge of technology
● Extensive experience with a range of learning technologies and an ability to identify optimal solutions for different learning solutions
● Advanced technical capabilities with Adobe Creative Suite, Learning Management Systems (specifically, Moodle and Brightspace), Camtasia, Articulate, and online video and audio creation tools
● Experience and creativity in multimedia layouts and design, knowledge of colour design and
design theory, and graphic design techniques an asset
● Demonstrated ability to work with various authoring applications in the context of teaching and learning between browsers and computers, and how multimedia impacts persons with special needs – knowledge of AODA is required
● Demonstrated competence in MS Office (particularly Word and Excel) and G-Suite and video conferencing platforms such as Google Meet and Zoom.
● Experience designing educational experiences and/or resources for Indigenous learners and/or other non-traditional student groups
● Excellent interpersonal and written English communication skills
● Excellent organizational and time management skills
● Creative and innovative thinker
● Ability to work with little or no supervision
● High attention to detail
● High demand for tact, diplomacy, and professionalism to build relationships with colleagues
SALARY: 237 Hay Points ($49,084.44 to $50,791.73 annually)
Benefits include Health dental benefit plan, Employer matching Group Retirement Savings Plan, tuition coverage, 50% discount for Gym membership, Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and more.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, March 12, 2021 @4:00 PM
This position is open to all qualified applicants, although preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada. The successful candidate, as a condition of employment, will be required to provide a Police Records Check.
Algoma University is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.