GAME ON – OLG needs you
We’ve said GAME ON, and we mean it – OLG is rapidly transforming its organization to better serve Ontarians by delivering great gaming experiences through our digital (PlayOLG.ca), retail lottery, and land-based casino channels. In our fiscal 2019-20 year alone, OLG delivered over $2.3 billion in net profit to the Province of Ontario. OLG is now expanding our horizons even further, with a new strategic direction, to become a world class gaming entertainment leader with a globally admired digital platform.
Every element of our new strategic direction depends on our people. We invest in positive culture change to reward, develop and retain top talent. The Director Rewards & Wellness will be a key player in bringing our people strategy to the next level, by developing and shaping total rewards and wellness programs that help our people to be their best, that are reflective of OLG’s culture and successfully support a healthy and engaged workforce.
YOUR ROLE IN THE GAME
Reporting to the SVP People & Culture, the Director Rewards and Wellness, will be empowered to partner with key stakeholders to:
- Provide exceptional leadership through partnership, collaboration and trust which will motivate and excite your team to provide best in class total rewards programs
- Mentor and coach a team of HR professionals within Rewards and Wellness to bring out the best in their craft and to foster an open, innovative, and continuous improvement mindset
- Provide education and counsel regarding all aspects of Total Rewards and Wellness to leaders as required
Sound Strategy Development
- Develop a total Rewards strategy and framework using best practices and trends and performing analysis on effectiveness and competitiveness of existing programs
- Establish a strong organization Wellness strategy including Health and Safety program and pandemic response plan to support the mental and physical wellbeing of our employees
- Drive the development of executive and non-executive compensation, pay for performance (variable pay), group benefits, disability management, employee wellness & recognition programs and employee discount programs
- Provide operational leadership in the design, deployment and communication of Rewards and Wellness programs that align with OLG’s strategic priorities
Strong Strategy Execution
- Provide expert guidance to the broader P&C division as it relates to the portfolio by educating on OLG’s compensation philosophy and creating guidelines and processes that align to that philosophy
- Provide keen oversight of the Health and Safety program at OLG ensuring effective standards, procedures, communication, training, and systems are in place
- Own all vendor relationships across the entire Rewards life cycle as required
- Collaborate with HR Systems, HR Operations, Finance and Legal on total reward planning to ensure adequate forecasts and calculations of expenditures for budgeting, reporting and other analytics are considered to develop compensation and benefits proposals
- Present rewards and wellness initiatives and programs to the Board and Executive Leadership Team as requested
- Develop and maintain a professional network to stay informed of current trends, best practices and developments on executive and non-executive compensation, legislation, and directives
WHAT YOU NEED TO PLAY
- 8+ years of progressive experience in, leading, developing, and delivering HR services and programs within total rewards, with strong knowledge of compensation practices and principles.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience overseeing Health and Safety requirements and Disability Management; including a sound knowledge of H&S legislation, principles and practices.
- University Degree in Human Resources, Business Management, Accounting, or related field.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) is preferred. Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) is an asset
Negotiation and Influence:
- ability to negotiate and influence effectively while being open to perspectives and maintaining strong relationships
- strong strategic and critical thinker with ability to delve into unique challenges and find creative solutions
Collaboration & fun:
- inclusive and collaborative work style while creating fun and excitement in our work
Integrity and trust:
- do what’s right and operate with transparency and openness
PERKS OF JOINING OUR TEAM
- You’ll be Part of a Bigger Picture: socially responsible company that gives back all its profits to the province and the people of Ontario
- Prioritize your Life: flexible work arrangements, generous family, and life event leaves, OPB pension to ensure even after we part ways you’re taken care of
- Our Culture: we reward innovation and allow for autonomy, we support your lifelong learning with 24-7 access to online learning programs, we provide an environment that values diversity as a source of strength, we provide performance-based incentives to share in the organization’s success
Learn about OLG
OLG’s purpose is to contribute to a better Ontario by delivering great entertainment experiences for our customers. We are a multi-billion-dollar organization which supports with a wide array of business lines including, lottery, land-based casinos, digital lottery and casino, horseracing, and charitable gaming. OLG is amidst a massive transformation focusing on being customer obsessed and bringing our digital business to a whole new level.
The key to our success is in our people. Trust, clarity, and openness are essential to our overall success. We are supporting and empowering employees across the organization through greater accountability, leadership development and growth opportunities. OLG is embracing more flexible work options and family friendly work practices including remote work.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion are essential elements of our culture, cornerstones to our values of respect, integrity, stewardship, and excellence. At OLG, our employees have the space to be themselves and use their perspectives and skills to benefit the people and the Province of Ontario.
While we are re-shaping and growing our business, we are unwavering when it comes to living our purpose, and ensuring our business delivers meaningful benefits for the people of Ontario. All OLG’s profits are reinvested back into the province, contributing to the quality of life for Ontarians.
If you find this career opportunity and joining the OLG family is exciting, we want to hear from you, please apply online before:
June 23, 2021
OLG is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please advise Human Resources.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.