Job Title: Director of Mountain Operations
Location: Searchmont Resort , Ontario CA
Department: Mountain Operations
Reports to: General Manager
Employment Status/Type: Year-Round Full Time
The Director of Mountain Operations provides leadership, management, and direction for all summer and winter Mountain Operations at Homewood Mountain Resort. The Director of Mountain Operations will support in developing and executing company and resort wide initiatives. This role is directly responsible to ensure the overall success of The Resort associated with the following; accountability for executing daily mountain operations, future and strategic planning, reporting of operations, employee hiring and performance, staff development, labor management in accordance with budget requirements, and compliance with all governmental regulations ensuring that safety is paramount across our resort’s year-round operations for both staff and guests.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the overall Mountain Operations including the following departments; Lift Operations, Lift Maintenance, Snowmaking, Grooming, Terrain Parks, Trail Maintenance.
- Oversee the management and administration of operations to produce an exceptional guest and employee experience.
- Attend and actively participate in all senior team, leadership meetings, operational meetings, and required company functions.
- Communicate information to all Mountain Operations staff to ensure the proper distribution of resort activities and general information.
- Responsible to oversee and participate in the hiring and training for all employees to ensure a professional on mountain team is developed.
- Evaluate performance of all staff members regularly, including disciplinary action as needed.
- Complete proper paperwork and reporting as required by operations, human resources and legal regulations are done in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure the ski lifts are being maintained and operated in accordance with the rules and regulations of CPTSB, ANSI regulations.
- Plan the necessary inventory to be ordered and stocked with the necessary supplies to maintain all equipment for the resort.
- Oversee the scheduling of snowmaking production to ensure a successful winter skiing experience. Track all water usage for billing process. Monitor electrical usage to control overall expenses for the company.
- Coordinate and oversee the grooming schedule to ensure a quality guest experience on the mountain.
- Responsible to ensure all drivers are licensed and all vehicles are maintained in accordance with the DOT regulations.
- Works well independently and with others. Enjoys “pitching in” whenever and wherever assistance is needed. Conducts and shows a high level of professionalism. Values our safety culture, our community, and maintaining a healthy, sustainable environment. Ensures that guests and employees have a fun, safe, and memorable experience. Asks questions, shares concerns, or gives ideas on innovation and efficiencies that improve both the guests’ and employees’ experience.
- Hire, train, review, and discipline employees
- Coach, motivate and develop staff
- Verify work activities, problem solving and progress reports
- Strategizing for the future
This Job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Skills and Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties:
- Have excellent communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong initiative and the ability to work independently.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high level of accuracy and courtesy.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be able to work in the Canada.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with at least 3 years of driving experience.
- Driving record must meet our standards.
- Must be able to operate a manual transmission and construction equipment.
- Must meet criminal background standards.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English.
- Attention to detail.
- Knowledge of basic construction.
- Extensive knowledge of ski area operations, hand tools, power tools and heavy equipment.
- Knowledge of electrical and mechanical skills
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Ladies and Gentlemen Need Apply.
- Must maintain a well-groomed and professional appearance.
- Must be able to wear a uniform.
- Must enjoy serving people and having fun!
- Must display top notch customer service skills.
- Language Skills:
- Literate and fluent in English.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Additional language(s) desirable.
- Mathematical Skills:
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. o Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra, geometry, and trigonometry.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, proportions, area, circumference, and volume to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in oral, mathematical, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Education and/or Experience:
- Non required. We will train in any areas lacking in ability or experience if strong in other areas.
- Certificates, Licenses, and Registration:
- Valid Class C Driver License with a driving record meeting the minimum standards required by Searchmont’s insurance carrier.
- HazMat training.
- Knowledge of updated B77 ANSI codes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to stand, sit, and walk; talk and hear; taste and smell; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Be able to work outside in cold temperatures for extended periods of time. 90% of job is outside.
- Often required to use the computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color and peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift/move 50 lbs. or more and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 lbs.
- Telephones, PC, database, office supplies, and filing cabinets
- Handheld radio
- Snow removal equipment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Harsh outside weather conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; explosives; and vibration.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- Small and large working area environments.
How to Apply
Please send resumes to email@example.com