PUC Services Inc.
PUC Services Inc. (PUC) operates multiple utilities within and around the City of Sault Ste. Marie, including the supply, treatment and distribution of municipal drinking water, the supply of electricity, and the operation of wastewater treatment facilities.
PUC offers a dynamic, challenging and rewarding work environment that encourages collaboration and innovative thinking. We are seeking a strategic Human Resources leader to drive the Human Resources function and programs for the organization. This individual will work closely with the Executive Team to establish strategies that will help create and support a healthy and engaged workforce. The ideal candidate is a passionate Human Resources professional, with a strategic mindset and a constant drive for improvement and growth.
The Director, Human Resources will report to the Vice President, Finance & Corporate Support, will serve a vital role in the organization and be an integral member of the leadership team. Responsibilities include:
• Lead and drive the Human Resources strategy and programs for the organization as part of PUC’s strategic plan. HR strategies should support high levels of productivity, positive employee engagement, strong labour relations, proactive training and development and performance management.
• Lead PUC’s talent and recruitment program to ensure the successful onboarding and internal development of talent to ensure the right people are in the right roles. Practices should be consistent with legislation, collective agreements and Human Resources ethical standards.
• Work closely with business continuity team to drive programs for PUC to ensure a safe and healthy workplace.
• Drive labour relations for PUC including developing strategies to ensure we have sound business practices while ensuring strong relations with the union. Responsibilities including supporting negotiations, managing grievances as well as arbitrations.
• Maintain workforce and succession planning initiatives including organizational design, assessing future staffing needs, potential skills shortages and professional development to facilitate knowledge transfer.
• Act as the Privacy Officer for the organization which includes leading the development and implementation of a comprehensive privacy program.
• Responsible for PUC’s compensation program including benefit administration as well as job evaluation system.
• Oversee employee programs including performance appraisals, attendance management, claims management and work accommodation programs.
• Establish Human Resources policies and procedures to ensure compliance with legislative obligations and human resources best practices.
• Drive leadership development and training programs for PUC including identifying training needs and executing development plans.
• Monitor and ensure compliance with all employment related legislation, regulations, standards and company policy as well as Human Resources best practices.
• Prepare department budgets and monitor expenditures.
• Minimum post-secondary degree in Human Resources Management, Business or a related field with a professional designation as a Certified Human Resources Professional Leader (CHRL).
• Minimum of 8-10 years leadership experience in the Human Resources field with proven experience in labour relations including contract interpretation, grievance administration and negotiations.
• Strong business acumen and relationship management skills.
• Strong technical knowledge of applicable legislation in the field of labour and employment law, including AODA, Human Rights, ESA, Pay Equity and Privacy legislation.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Highly passionate, self-motivated professional with excellent judgement and demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong computer skills including the Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Resumes stating qualifications and experience will be accepted until January 27, 2021. Please email your resume to HR@SSMPUC.COM.