GAME ON – OLG needs you
We’ve said GAME ON, and we mean it! Massive change is afoot in the gaming industry and beyond. Are you interested in being empowered to seize opportunities for growth; to be a part of a bold transformation to take customer success to a new level? OLG is striving to be a gaming market leader and first choice for entertainment. We are ready to take this game to the next level and need a passionate Director Audit to lead an audit portfolio and a team of audit professionals within OLG involving multiple concurrent assurance engagements to execute the Audit Plan in compliance with the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards.
YOUR ROLE IN THE GAME
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Risk & Audit you will be empowered to:
Partner in the Strategic Direction & Priorities
- Provide strategic leadership in developing the direction and priorities of the Risk & Audit division and Internal Audit department
- Remain current on OLG’s evolving strategic direction, business and shared service operations and related risk profiles to best contribute to setting the strategic direction and priorities of the Risk & Audit team
- Contribute to ongoing business planning of the Internal Audit department and manage the divisional budget to track progress against the Risk & Audit strategic plan and key performance indicators
- Provide specialized expertise to the audit team to ensure business risks are managed appropriately, that the system of internal control is efficiently operating, and to continually improve practices to keep up with evolving business needs
Manage and Oversee Internal Audit
- Oversee and develop the Annual Internal Audit Plan, provide feedback on OLG’s enterprise risk profile , and identify areas of internal and external stakeholder operations requiring in-depth review and assessment
- Manage allocation of audit resources within the assigned portfolio and across the Internal Audit practice and assign staff to projects based on availability and skill set to best meet business needs
- Oversee all steps of the audit project lifecycle and manage audit team to effectively provide risk and control expertise to the business and to identify improvement opportunities to controls and operational processes
- Provide regular reports to management, executive and board on systems of internal controls and significant audit findings
Building a High Performing Audit Team
- Manage the implementation of agile auditing and support development of new capabilities required for audit staff
- Provide ongoing coaching, guidance, development, and performance management of audit staff to foster a high-performing work environment focused on continual improvement
- Lead recruitment and retention of audit staff in assigned portfolio to maintain appropriate staffing levels required for current and future project needs
- Lead and support the acquisition, development and implementation of tools and technology required for audit activities
WHAT YOU NEED TO PLAY
Collaboration & Fun: inclusive and collaborative work style while creating fun and excitement in our work
Integrity and Trust: do what’s right and operate with transparency and openness
Project Management: Establish project objectives, develop work plans, track management action plans and review working papers to ensure effective implementation of resources
Knowledge: Thorough understanding of audit practices, processes, standards, techniques, procedures, principles, theory and standards. Broad understanding of OLG and service provider business environment in terms of risk and compliance strategies. Specific knowledge of audit management practices and frameworks such as COSO and the Institute of Internal Auditors [IIA] Standards.
Strategic Thinking: Support the development and maintenance of audit frameworks, methodologies and processes for the Risk & Audit division to ensure alignment with OLG’s broader strategies and priorities
Work Experience: 10 years of experience in an audit environment in an organizational leadership role (preferably in a mid-size to large company).
Education: University degree or college diploma in business management or related field. Professional designation in a related field (CPA, CIA, CISA).
Licenses/registrations: AGCO Category 1 Gaming Assistant Registration (Initiated at offer stage – employment is conditional upon obtaining and maintaining this license)
PERKS OF JOINING OUR TEAM
- You’ll be Part of a Bigger Picture: socially responsible company that gives back all its profits to the province and the people of Ontario
- Prioritize your Life: flexible work arrangements, generous family, and life event leaves, OPB pension to ensure even after we part ways you’re taken care of
- Our Culture: we reward innovation and allow for autonomy, we support your lifelong learning with 24-7 access to online learning programs, we provide an environment that values diversity as a source of strength, we provide performance-based incentives to share in the organization’s success
Learn about OLG
OLG’s purpose is to contribute to a better Ontario by delivering great entertainment experiences for our customers. We are a multi-billion-dollar organization which supports with a wide array of business lines including, lottery, land-based casinos, digital lottery and casino, horseracing, and charitable gaming. OLG is amidst a massive transformation focusing on being customer obsessed and bringing our digital business to a whole new level.
The key to our success is in our people. Trust, clarity, and openness are essential to our overall success. We are supporting and empowering employees across the organization through greater accountability, leadership development and growth opportunities. OLG is embracing more flexible work options and family friendly work practices including remote work.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion are essential elements of our culture, cornerstones to our values of respect, integrity, stewardship, and excellence. At OLG, our employees have the space to be themselves and use their perspectives and skills to benefit the people and the Province of Ontario.
While we are re-shaping and growing our business, we are unwavering when it comes to living our purpose, and ensuring our business delivers meaningful benefits for the people of Ontario. All OLG’s profits are reinvested back into the province, contributing to the quality of life for Ontarians.
If you find this career opportunity and joining the OLG family is exciting, we want to hear from you, please apply online before: August 17, 2021
How to apply:
OLG is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please advise Human Resources.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.