GAME ON – OLG needs you
We’ve said GAME ON, and we mean it – OLG is rapidly transforming its organization to better serve Ontarians by delivering great gaming experiences through our digital, retail lottery, and land-based casino channels. In our fiscal 2019-20 year alone, OLG delivered over $2.3 billion in net profit to the Province of Ontario. OLG is now expanding our horizons even further, with a new strategic direction, to become a world class gaming entertainment leader with a globally admired digital platform.
We are ready to take this game to the next level and need a passionate Cybersecurity Consultant to develop and deliver the enterprise information security and privacy strategy program to appropriately safeguard business operations and information assets. Provides day to day analysis on security services (e.g. security delivery, project delivery, operator governance etc..) to identify potential threats and provide recommendations in how to mitigate these security gaps .
YOUR ROLE IN THE GAME
Reporting to the Director Technology Security, you will be empowered to:
- Delivers, manages, monitors and operates the security strategy, framework, policies, procedures and standards across the entire security service lifecycle to ensure maximum safety for all OLG information assets.
- Maintain and update security architecture, policies, procedures, and standards that enables the enterprise architecture roadmaps to exceed customer’s security and privacy expectations
- Acts as the primary security service owner managing all aspects of service delivery, operationally, guidance for projects and OLG / Operator governance and oversight ensuring all implementations of new and changing technology adhere to security requirements, policies and standards and provides expert opinion regarding action to mitigate risk.
- Leads risk-related security activities, including identifying, evaluating, planning, testing, delivery, reporting and governance prioritization to ensure appropriate remediation and mitigation measures are put in place.
- Conduct vulnerability assessment activities to understand security posture deficiencies and ensure remedial action and mitigation measures are implemented.
- Monitors information security technologies and associated processes and practices to ensure adequate threat mitigation and security measures are in place.
- Provides tier 2 and tier 3 support and acts as the CSIRT lead during the investigation of security related incidents; escalates and communicates potential risks and mitigation strategies to all relevant stakeholders to ensure action is taken to address any potential risks.
- Contributes expert opinion to the definition of major security compliance related incidents to ensure they are raised with the required stakeholders and a resolution is put in place
- Research and monitor emerging security regulations and trends to ensure compliance with industry regulations and standards, including, regulations to keep up to date on market changes
- Reports on the levels of security compliance risk and control effectiveness and produces risk acceptance documents for dissemination to key stakeholders to ensure awareness of security deficiency.
- Liaise with all lines of business by participating and representing OLG Information security services and solutions in projects and initiatives and providing leadership, mentoring and guidance to meet business needs and continuously build relations to achieve information security compliance.
- Oversees the third-party service providers, vendors and operators’ relationships for governance and oversight and provides expert opinion and recommendation regarding information security controls in order to mitigate any risks
- Promote continuous improvement of the security services through regular self-assessment activities and feedback from OLG management to ensure services remain current and pertinent to OLG.
- Translates complex security use cases, concepts and governance standards into scenarios and language that all OLG can relate to and understand
- Develop program compliance metrics and a prioritization framework and guidelines to ensure OLG is following and aligned to standardized monitoring and reporting practices.
- Promote continuous improvement of the program through regular self-assessment activities, development and enhancement of tools and processes and feedback gathered from OLG management, cross-functional teams and third parties to ensure security programs and initiatives remain current and pertinent to OLG.
- Other duties as required to maintain a robust and responsive security program as directed.
WHAT YOU NEED TO PLAY
Work Experience: Minimum six (6) years’ experience in progressively advancing roles within Technology or related function | Minimum of four (4) years’ progressive experience in the development and delivery of enterprise security strategies | Proficient in eight (8) of the above primary knowledge competency areas as listed above
Education: Post-secondary degree, preferably in an information systems discipline, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience | Advanced Certification in Security (CISSP), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Risk Management (CRISC) &/or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) and/or other security certifications
Critical Skills: Primary knowledge around: Information Security Architecture | Information Security Technologies | Information Security Service Management | Information Security Administration | Information Assurance & Protection | Data Privacy | Computer Forensics & Investigation Methodologies | Digital Forensic Tools & Practices | Penetration Testing | Vulnerabilities Assessment | Firewall Management | Computer, Network and Internet Security | Security Incident Response Secondary knowledge around: Technology Audit and Control | Information Security Audits
Negotiation and Influence: ability to negotiate and influence effectively while being open to perspectives and maintaining strong relationships
Strategic Thinker: strong strategic and critical thinker with ability to delve into unique challenges and find creative solutions
Collaboration & Fun: inclusive and collaborative work style while creating fun and excitement in our work
Integrity and Trust: do what’s right and operate with transparency and openness
Licenses, Registrations, Certificates:
AGCO Category 2 Gaming Assistant Registration (Initiated at offer stage – employment is conditional upon obtaining and maintaining this license)
PERKS OF JOINING OUR TEAM
- Part of a Bigger Picture: socially responsible company that gives back all its profits to the province and people of Ontario
- Flexible Work Environment: to help balance both work and life
- You Matter: family friendly work practices and remote work
- Freedom to Innovate: supports new and better ways to be successful
- Be your Authentic Self: environment that values diversity as a source of strength
- Learning Galore: 24-7 access to robust online learning programs
- Public Service Pension Plan: participate in a major defined benefit pension plan sponsored by the Government of Ontario
- Variable Pay Program: performance-based incentives to share in our success (Permanent OLG Employees Only)
Learn about OLG – GAME ON!
OLG’s purpose is to contribute to a better Ontario by delivering great entertainment experiences for our customers. We are a multi-billion-dollar organization with a wide array of business lines including, lottery, land-based casinos, digital lottery and casino, horseracing, and charitable gaming. OLG is amidst a massive transformation focusing on being customer obsessed and bringing our digital business to a whole new level.
The key to our success is our people. Our culture will be grounded in true, positive partnerships that embrace trust, clarity, and openness in all that we do. We are supporting and empowering employees and teams across the organization through greater accountability, leadership development and growth opportunities. OLG is embracing more flexible work options and family friendly work practices including remote work.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion are essential elements of our culture, the cornerstone to our values of respect, integrity, stewardship, and excellence. At OLG, our employees have the space to be themselves and use their perspectives and skills to benefit the people and the Province of Ontario.
While we are re-shaping and growing our business, we are unwavering when it comes to living our purpose, and ensuring our business delivers meaningful benefits for the people of Ontario. OLG’s net profits are reinvested back into the province, contributing to the quality of life for Ontarians.
To learn more about OLG go to our website at www.olg.ca
We look forward to hearing from you, interested applicants please apply online by August 31, 2022.
OLG is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com if you require accommodation at any time throughout the hire process.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.