Canadian Mental Health Association
CMHA is seeking a highly motivated counselling professional to provide person-centered, strength- based, and goal orientated therapy and service. The successful applicant will work both independently and within a team environment to maximize the potential of individuals and groups.
- Ability to work in partnership with clients
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the mental health and addictions services
- Ability to apply Recovery principles and empowerment-orientated philosophies and practices in work with clients
- Demonstrated ability to observe boundaries and engage in appropriate emotional regulation
- Demonstrates diplomacy and negotiation skills in client and system advocacy
- Ability to make sound clinical judgments and to effectively communicate that to others
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to develop and maintain sound relationships within and outside CMHA
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and flexibility to work independently on a range of tasks within specified time frames and deadlines
- Excellent computer skills and competency in software application used by the agency.
- Engage in reasonable self-care strategies that incorporate balancing work/life responsibilities
- Excellent problem-solving and decision making skills
- Develop therapeutic plans
- Experience in single sessions
- Brief solution focused, strength based, anti-oppressive practice
- MSW, or Master’s level in a related field or a BSW with significant counselling experience
- Current registration with OCSWSSW or a regulated body under the Regulated Health Professions Act is mandatory.
- Minimum three year experience in a Counselling setting with experience in the fields of mental health and addictions with an emphasis in community based services.
- Experience in conducting bio-psychosocial assessments and utilizing therapeutic approaches such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT).
- Certification in ASIST, CPI and First Aid/CPR (or willing to obtain on own time within 3 months)
- Provide an acceptable Police Vulnerable Sector Check
- Ability to remain stationary for prolong periods
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Ability to provide effective client/member services in English and French, is preferred
This position is covered by a collective agreement. CMHA values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. CMHA is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Applications from outside the bargaining unit are welcome, but can only be considered if the position is not filled from within the bargaining unit.
Application deadline: 2021-03-01
How to apply:
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $46,241.09-$60,467.45 per year
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Master’s Degree (Preferred)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place