Develop and lead continuous improvement activities. Utilize data to lead, support and champion efforts by mill personnel to identify and execute on key process improvement opportunities aimed at improving the business. Through the analysis of data, this role will focus on critical improvement areas that include machine reliability, process efficiencies, and variable cost reduction.
- Work with site personnel to identify key opportunities for improvement.
- Promote and Pursue development and implementation of Best Practices, Effective Systems, and Processes
- Lead optimization of identified metrics and processes, improving performance, reducing variation, increasing material processing speed
- Lead / Champion continuous improvement initiatives
- Use analytical troubleshooting, SPC, and LEAN techniques to measure and quantify variation and gains.
- Support / lead Operational Excellence initiatives
- Training, mentoring, and developing personnel as part of the continuous improvement process when working initiatives
- Generate justification for capital projects
- Leverage internal and external resources across our business to accomplish goals and objectives; involving mills nationally and internationally
- Focus on the key metrics that drive business results
- Partner with site staff to drive cost saving initiatives
- Post-secondary degree in Business, Engineering or related degree
- Six sigma black belt certification or related training considered an asset
- Strong knowledge of database design, querying, and data retrieval. Expert in SQL with demonstrated experience
- Experience using and developing dashboards in QlikSense, Tableau, PowerBI, Minitab or other SPC or business intelligence tools
- Experience designing and building data models with complex relationships to solve process/business issues
- Proven ability tying data from level 1 through level 4 systems together to create information that answers business questions
- Ability to quickly learn a new manufacturing process, understanding equipment, operations, and maintenance
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and generate results through use of data analysis and statistics
- Superior analytical, troubleshooting, and decision-making abilities
- Vision for future state of process and equipment
- High level troubleshooting ability
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross functional teams to implement solutions
- Ability to effectively communicate and share knowledge
- Demonstrated leadership in managing continuous improvement preferred
This position offers an attractive compensation package with a gain and profit-sharing plan, as well as an excellent Health/Dental and Pension Plan and very supportive team-based work environment.
Please apply online at www.arauco.com.
Resumes will be accepted until November 22, 2020.
ARAUCO thanks all applicants for their interest in our organization; however, only candidates invited for testing and/or an interview will be contacted.
Arauco is committed to creating an inclusive culture across the organization by preventing and removing barriers for persons with disabilities. Where it is not possible to remove barriers, Arauco will make efforts to accommodate persons with disabilities in a timely, effective and suitable manner. If you require any accommodations during the recruitment process, please let us know.