Develop and lead continuous improvement activities. Utilize data to lead, support and champion efforts by mill personnel to identify and execute on key process improvement opportunities aimed at improving the business. Through the analysis of data, this role will focus on critical improvement areas that include machine reliability, process efficiencies, and variable cost reduction. This position works closely with every aspect of the business to identify process improvement opportunities (remove waste, enhance agility, increase speed, reduce costs) and help create a sustainable competitive advantage using Continuous Improvement / Lean principles. Improve industrial processes in order to maintain efficiency, reduce cost, improve sustainability and maximize profitability.
- Support and promote company health and safety initiatives.
- Implement Continuous Improvement System via Lean Manufacturing, to support the development and deployment of the future state design.
- Interact and communicate with all managers, associates, suppliers and customers to help establish Lean values and a complete Quality culture.
- Enhance agility through waste elimination & process flow improvements throughout the organization.
- Ability to learn/lead Kaizen Events, 5S, Value Stream Mapping, Leadership Development and other CI efforts.
- Coordinate CI management review meeting and participate in monthly/quarterly/annual corporate led CI meetings.
- Assess processes, take measurements and interpret data.
- Design, run, test and upgrade systems and processes.
- Develop best practices, routines and innovative solutions to improve production rates and quality of output.
- Work with site personnel to identify key opportunities for improvement.
- Focus on the key metrics that drive business results.
- Overall site management of Capital and Engineering coordination.
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering.
- Experience in a Continuous Improvement role within a manufacturing environment preferred.
- An understanding and commitment to promoting a safe work environment
- Ability to prepare and deliver effective presentations.
- Demonstrated problem solving and project management skills.
- Conceptual Thinking – ability to think in terms of abstract ideas
- Must have a win-win mentality & the ability to overcome obstacles, both technical & non-technical.
- Requires steady energy and focused planning and organizing skills.
- Strong facilitation & training skills required.
- Ability to work well with others. Must have strong team-building skills and be successful in facilitating team-based initiatives.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, business process improvement knowledge, and ability to train others with diverse backgrounds and education levels.
- Ability to perform work in a manufacturing setting
- Strong knowledge of database design, querying, and data retrieval. Experience in SQL.
- Experience using and developing dashboards in QlikSense, Tableau, PowerBI, Minitab or other SPC or business intelligence tools is an asset.
- Ability to quickly learn a new manufacturing process, understanding equipment, operations, and maintenance
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and generate results through use of data analysis and statistics
This position offers an attractive compensation package with a bonus plan, as well as an excellent Health/Dental and Pension Plan and very supportive team-based work environment.
Please apply online at: https://jobs.arauco-na.com/ by Wednesday April 14, 2021.