PUC Services Inc.
About Sault Ste. Marie: A welcoming and vibrant community of 73,000, Sault Ste. Marie provides an affordable, active lifestyle in the heart of the Great Lakes. What you’ll find here is a great career and even greater quality of life that offers short commute times and quick access to world class cultural and natural amenities. For more information, visit welcometossm.com.
PUC Services Inc. operates multiple utilities within and around the City of Sault Ste. Marie, including the distribution of electricity, the supply, treatment and distribution of municipal drinking water, and the operation of wastewater treatment facilities.
PUC offers a dynamic, challenging and rewarding work environment that encourages collaboration and innovative thinking. We are seeking a new member of our team to support our communications and customer engagement programs. The ideal candidate will be personable, customer focused, and propose innovative methods to improve communication processes.
Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Communications, the Communications Coordinator will provide support in various communication and public engagement strategies. The primary responsibilities of this position include:
· Assist with planning, developing and coordinating public relations and communications strategies to support PUC’s Strategic Plan
· Assist in coordinating and managing PUC’s corporate social media and web platforms
· Organize and participate in events, including press conferences, open houses, and information sessions
· Work with and support members of the Management and Executive team as required for customer engagement and corporate communication initiatives
· Assist in the preparation of highly confidential material for the Board of Directors and the senior leadership team involving communications regarding business development, financials, etc.
· Attend meetings of the Board and senior leadership team to ensure that governance and leadership activities are communicated as appropriate
· Write and design marketing, communication and public relations materials for both internal and public distribution
· Maintain evaluation and measurement tools regarding communication activities
· Maintain media contact lists and coordinate media monitoring efforts
· Assist in coordinating PUC’s external ad strategy and act as a liaison with media outlets
· A University Degree or College Post-Graduate Certificate in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, or a related field
· A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in marketing, communications, or public relations with demonstrated success
· Knowledge of current public relations and communications strategies, including issues management and media relations
· Excellent verbal, written, editing and proofing skills with a strong attention to detail
· Experience working with mainstream media and understanding of the digital media landscape (Familiar with current social media tools and tactics)
· Intermediate level in Microsoft Office, website CMS, social media management and other digital communications tools
· Ability to exercise sound judgment in decisions regarding highly confidential matters
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively as a team in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to create image and layouts using design software is considered an asset
PUC Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
HOW TO APPLY: