STEM Engineering Group is seeking an experienced Civil Engineer to work in its Municipal and Site Development Engineering work group in Sault Ste. Marie, ON.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carries out municipal and site development work.
- Plans, organizes, and takes responsibility for the design, drafting, and contract administration of multiple municipal and private land development projects.
- Assists with proposal preparation for new work in the municipal and land development fields.
- Prepares technical reports and studies for various engineering projects and reviews reports prepared by colleagues.
- Performs quality control and assurance for engineering work done by workgroup.
- Provides technical directions and supervision for workgroup in conformance to all applicable municipal, provincial, and national standards.
- Licensed with Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO) with membership in good standing.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in municipal engineering and site development projects.
- Ability to work with team technologists.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Proven success in completing municipal infrastructure projects and private development projects.
- Strong knowledge of engineering and construction principles related to municipal infrastructure projects (roads, water, sewer, and stormwater management improvements).
- Strong knowledge of environmental permitting and approvals such as Ministry of Environment and Climate Change Environmental Compliance Approvals, and Municipal Engineers Association Class Environmental Assessment.
- Proficiency with Autodesk Civil 3D, and SWMM 5 Stormwater Modeling would be an asset.
- Outgoing personality and community involvement would be assets.
If you meet the qualifications for this position and are committed to a challenging career with a dynamic company, in a community that offers superior quality of life, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the job title in the subject line. Accommodation is available for applicants with a disability. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those candidates that are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Full-time permanent salary position
Salary Range – (based on skills and experience)
Health Benefit Plan and Defined Contribution Pension Plan