Shingwauk Kinoomage Gamig
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Implementing plans and process improvements for collections acquisition activities.
- Verifying that metadata has been entered according to established industry standards.
- Meeting with potential donors to assess materials and reach agreement on the donation of material to the archives.
- Assessing and determining the condition of archival materials. Creating finding aids to ensure collection materials are accessible.
- Developing content for marketing and/or promotional materials.
- Digitizing material for collections. Keeping well-informed on applicable copyright, access and privacy laws.
- Master’s Degree with specialization in Archival Studies, or acceptable combination of equivalent experience.
- Minimum of four (4) years in a professional environment (e.g. Libraries, Museums, non-profit organizations, community organizations, or corporations) including work in archives or related information and collections management.
- Experience creating finding aids to ensure collection materials are accessible by applying established standards (e.g., RAD, ISAD(G), and ISAAR(CPF)).
- Experience with digital asset management systems and content management systems in academic library environments (e.g., Drupal, Omeka, and Islandora).
- Experience with metadata schemes currently in use within the academic community is desirable (e.g., Dublin Core, MARC, RDA, RDF, MODS, VRA Core, and others).
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrable productivity and ability to deal with a large volume of materials.
- Demonstrable, superior organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrable initiative, knowledge of XML-based formats..
Applicants are requested to submit their resume and cover letter to email@example.com, with their name and applied position in the document title. Internal candidates will be considered first; application should be submitted no later than Friday, August 28, at 4 pm.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted