Job Title: Chief Mechanic
Location: Searchmont Resort , Ontario CA
Department: Mountain Operations
Reports to: Operations Manager
Employment Status/Type: Year-Round Full Time
The chief mechanic is responsible for all mechanical maintenance, construction of all motor vehicles and heavy equipment including small and large machinery; lift maintenance; snow making equipment maintenance; grooming and terrain park equipment. Oversees overall maintenance facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain all equipment used in the operations of the resort.
- Keep maintenance schedules on all equipment.
- Maintain all equipment to manufacturers standards.
- Able to perform welding.
- Knowledge in electrical and hydraulic systems of equipment.
- Equipment consists of vehicles to heavy machinery to ski lifts and pumping equipment.
- Coach, motivate and develop staff
- Verify work activities, problem solving
This Job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. Training will be required and available in weaker areas.
Skills and Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties:
- Strong initiative and the ability to work independently.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high level of accuracy and courtesy.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be able to work in the Canada.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with at least 3 years of driving experience.
- Driving record must meet our standards.
- Must be able to operate a manual transmission and construction equipment.
- Must meet criminal background standards.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English.
- Attention to detail.
- Extensive knowledge of ski area operations, hand tools, power tools and heavy equipment.
- Knowledge of electrical and mechanical skills
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Ladies and Gentlemen Need Apply.
- Must maintain a well-groomed and professional appearance.
- Must be able to wear a uniform.
- Must enjoy serving people and having fun!
- Language Skills:
- Literate and fluent in English.
- Certificates, Licenses, and Registration:
- o Valid Class C Driver License with a driving record meeting the minimum standards required by Searchmont’s insurance carrier.
- HazMat training.
- Knowledge of updated B77 ANSI codes.
- Certifications in small and large engine maintenance/ gas and diesel. (not required but preferred)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to stand, sit, and walk; talk and hear; taste and smell; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Be able to work outside in cold temperatures for extended periods of time.
- Often required to use the computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color and peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift/move 50 lbs. or more and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 lbs.
- Telephones, PC, database, office supplies, and filing cabinets
- Handheld radio
- Snow removal equipment
- Small and large power equipment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Harsh outside weather conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; explosives; and vibration.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- Small and large working area environments.
How to apply:
Please send resumes to email@example.com