For over a century Algoma has a proud history and strong traditions of being an industry leading manufacturer of hot and cold rolled sheet steels in carbon and high strength low-alloy grades and we are Canada’s only plate producer. We are integral to the making of many of our modern day buildings, products and appliances. Our steel is used in construction, mining, manufacturing, automotive, shipbuilding, energy resources including renewable energy and military applications throughout North America. Today’s steel industry is rapidly evolving and so are we, bringing new products to market that our customers need for their success. We are inviting everyone who has a talent and drive for superior performance, a desire to be part of a team of steel industry professionals focused on transforming our company to continue our century long tradition of delivering high quality steel products to our customers, improving the quality of life for our community, demonstrating industry-leading environmental stewardship and providing rich and rewarding careers for our employees.
- Must meet all the requirements contained within the PDA for this occupation and be physically capable of performing all functions of the job
- Must be a Licensed Bricklayer ( VALID TICKET MUST BE PROVIDED WHEN APPLYING )
- Must not be afraid of heights
- Will work in confined spaces and all Departments within ASI, while performing functions of Refractory installations and tearout, typical to the ASI Bricklayer Trade
- Must be Respirator Fit
- Performs all type of bricklaying and masonry work, plan and layout work and calculate material requirements
LINE OF SEQUENCE:
Group Leader – JC 21 – Sr. Group Leader – JC 23
- Applications will not be accepted without proof of qualification(s) attached.
- Days off dependent on operational requirements and seniority
- Testing and/or Medicals that are required to meet the qualifications for this posting must be scheduled on the employee’s own time.
If you meet the qualifications for this position and are committed to a challenging career with a dynamic company, in a community that offers superior quality of life, we encourage you to apply today.
To learn more about our company, please visit www.algoma.com
We offer a competitive salary, an extended health benefits package, a defined contribution pension plan and profit sharing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage diversity in our workplace. Accommodation is available for applicants with a disability. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those candidates that are selected for an interview will be contacted.