GAME ON – OLG needs you
We’ve said GAME ON, and we mean it! Massive change is afoot in the gaming industry and beyond. Are you interested in being empowered to seize opportunities for growth; to be a part of a bold transformation to take customer success to a new level? OLG is striving to be a gaming market leader and first choice for entertainment. We are ready to take this game to the next level and need a passionate Brand Manager to manage the strategic development of assigned portfolio brands by identifying, evaluating, recommending and implementing marketing brand building strategies, initiatives and programs that maximize market penetration, drive player participation and achieve OLG’s mid-term performance growth objectives.
YOUR ROLE IN THE GAME
Reporting to the Director Brand Marketing you will be empowered to:
Build a Strong and Prosperous OLG Brand
- Oversee marketing brand plans, including budgets, and initiatives to fulfil the various opportunities and deliver upon corporate strategy and profit objectives, with a 3-year line of sight
- Manage the brand positioning and voice of the enterprise brand working closely with all stakeholders to drive awareness and ensure consistency of the OLG brand.
- Oversee development, recommendation, creation and implementation for identity design, brand positioning, brand differentiators, brand building drivers, brand experience, brand prioritization, brand personalization, and brand communications for assigned brands in a way that is integrated and adds value to the enterprise
- Accountable for brands within the portfolio mix associated to OLG’s respective lines of Business such as Regional draw-based games, iGaming, Sports and Instants. May also extend to management of brand experience within selling channels (ie: traditional and emerging Retail and digital transaction channels such as PlayOLG)
Brand Building & Developing Brand Strategy
- Monitor, analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of brand building initiatives through KPIs to develop insights and make recommendations on improvements
- Guide research teams to develop the right research programs to evaluate brand and marketing effectiveness and prepare actionable recommendations for operations teams based on research insight
- Oversee identify and input to recommendation of high-level partnerships and sponsorships opportunities that support brand building efforts (ie: prospects that align with passion points of Sports, Music and Lifestyle).
- Oversee development and recommendations of brand strategies for assigned brands that leverages the core strengths of the enterprise while positioning it for future growth and ensure that all touchpoints to the consumer properly execute the brand strategy
- Evaluate current brand building performance qualitatively and quantitatively, identify success factors, issues and challenges, drive insights (in collaboration with research teams) and prepare recommendations on new marketing opportunities focusing on brand development
- Ensure the assigned brand strategy is consumer-centric and is designed to achieve the objectives of inspiring and entertaining consumers, demonstrating innovativeness, and displaying care for consumers while ensuring minimal overlap and maximum coverage of OLG brands
Forecasting & Planning
- Take the lead for preparing three-year plans of assigned brand that includes brand development that are to be updated on an annual basis to be provided as a blueprint for operations teams
- Manage product brand positioning and oversee its development and work collaboratively with Product Management towards implementation
- Prepare 3-year mid-term forecasts related to sales and marketing spends for brands and provide recommendations on budgeting
WHAT YOU NEED TO PLAY
Collaboration and fun: inclusive and collaborative work style while creating fun and excitement in our work
Integrity and trust: do what’s right and operate with transparency and openness
Conceptual thinking: strong conceptual thinker and visionary for Branding using forecasting & market trends.
Work experience: 5 years of experience in consumer marketing – especially in the areas of targeting; product or brand strategy and positioning; concept development and testing; marketing plan development, execution and post-analysis; testing, and evaluating. Experience with marketing automation platforms
Education: Bachelor’s degree in marketing/business management. MBA is preferred
PERKS OF JOINING OUR TEAM
- Part of a Bigger Picture: socially responsible company that gives back all its profits to the province and people of Ontario
- Flexible Work Environment: family friendly work practices to help you balance both work and life
- You Matter: we are wellness focused with various resources, to support your physical and mental wellbeing Freedom to Innovate: supports new and better ways to be successful
- Be your Authentic Self: environment that values diversity as a source of strength
- Learning Galore: 24-7 access to robust online learning programs
- Public Service Pension Plan: participate in a major defined benefit pension plan sponsored by the Government of Ontario
PERKS OF JOINING OUR TEAM
- You’ll be Part of a Bigger Picture: socially responsible company that gives back all its profits to the province and the people of Ontario
- Prioritize your Life: flexible work arrangements, generous family, and life event leaves, OPB pension to ensure even after we part ways you’re taken care of
- Our Culture: we reward innovation and allow for autonomy, we support your lifelong learning with 24-7 access to online learning programs, we provide an environment that values diversity as a source of strength, we provide performance-based incentives to share in the organization’s success
Learn about OLG
OLG’s purpose is to contribute to a better Ontario by delivering great entertainment experiences for our customers. We are a multi-billion-dollar organization which supports with a wide array of business lines including, lottery, land-based casinos, digital lottery and casino, horseracing, and charitable gaming. OLG is amidst a massive transformation focusing on being customer obsessed and bringing our digital business to a whole new level.
The key to our success is in our people. Trust, clarity, and openness are essential to our overall success. We are supporting and empowering employees across the organization through greater accountability, leadership development and growth opportunities. OLG is embracing more flexible work options and family friendly work practices including remote work.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion are essential elements of our culture, cornerstones to our values of respect, integrity, stewardship, and excellence. At OLG, our employees have the space to be themselves and use their perspectives and skills to benefit the people and the Province of Ontario.
While we are re-shaping and growing our business, we are unwavering when it comes to living our purpose, and ensuring our business delivers meaningful benefits for the people of Ontario. All OLG’s profits are reinvested back into the province, contributing to the quality of life for Ontarians.
If you find this career opportunity and joining the OLG family is exciting, we want to hear from you, please apply online before: August 4, 2021
How to apply:
OLG is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please advise Human Resources.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.