Ellis Don Corporation
Thinking about a change?
We recognize that the construction industry is changing at a rapid pace and we continually strive to be at the forefront. Our core values empower people to deliver great careers to one another and develop creative solutions for complex problems on some of the most exciting projects. It doesn’t matter what your expertise and craft is – there are no boundaries. We are a group of professionals with a variety of expertise within pre-construction, construction, and post-construction. To learn more, check out our Cradle to Grave services and hear from our team directly about what a career at EllisDon could look like for you. As you can see, we are a diverse bunch.
Above all, we are a group of individuals with unique experiences and at EllisDon, we choose to celebrate the strength in our differences, every day. EllisDon’s commitment to Inclusive Diversity is to work together to create an environment where every employee feels safe to be their true and authentic self. Ultimately, EllisDon’s purpose is to provide people with similar values the opportunity to achieve to their full potential; to deliver that opportunity for great careers to one another, and to contribute meaningfully to the community we share with others.
In case you’re curious, here’s what the industry thinks of us and some of the impacts we’ve made to the communities we work in.
You as an Assistant Superintendent will:
- Assist the Superintendent in managing work on-site to ensure the compliance of construction with the drawings and specifications
- Support the Superintendent in planning and implementing schedules, determining manpower levels, material quantities, inspections, equipment, and requirements are maintained
- Monitor work performance to ensure project rules, procedures, and safety requirements are being followed
- Advise the Superintendent and Project Manager of potential problems, work interferences, and schedule difficulties and assist in resolving these problems
- Maintain and analyze up-to-date cost reports and submit necessary changes to ensure the project is delivered within budget
- Meet with Owners, Consultants, and Architects in a professional manner and have the ability to communicate effectively both the concerns and best interests of the company
Is this the right role for you?
- You have a construction-related degree/diploma and five to seven years of construction experience or an equivalent combination of technical training and experience
- Previous Commercial or Institutional experience required
- You have a working knowledge of scheduling, project management, and contract software
- Ability to correctly identify problem situations, evaluate alternative causes and produce workable solutions in a team environment
EllisDon is proud to provide this unique career opportunity that provides continuous learning, the opportunity for growth, and a competitive compensation package within an environment that is committed to inclusion and respects diversity.
Go ahead and be yourself. We’ll pay you for it!
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of any age, culture, subculture, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, nationality, ethnicity, race, size, mental or physical status, veteran status, religion, language, political opinion, working-style preference, family status, education, and socio-economic status. The EllisDon core values of Integrity and Mutual Respect welcomes everyone, at work and in the community, and our value of Mutual Accountability means that we all have a role to play. As an EllisDon employee, this will ultimately be your commitment to Inclusive Diversity.
Accommodation for Applicants with disabilities will be made during the recruitment process when requested.
How to apply:
We are committed to providing a positive candidate experience and ensuring timely updates are provided to all candidates. If you haven’t already, be sure to create a profile on our Careers page here to remain up to date on the status of your application and learn about new career opportunities as they arise.